Gesamt: 249081  Heute: 685  Gestern: 685  Online: 1113  ... mehr
Benutzer: 
Passwort: 

»WvW : Tötet alle GEGNER nieder mit allen Feinden !!!

[ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 ]
Rick Leonard Color Rush Jersey
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 18.07.2019 - 02:20:44

This is the final installment of our series covering mental health in the NFL. If you missed them Austin Bryant Jersey 2019 , check out Part 1 and Part 2 here. All this week we have talked about mental health and how..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsNFL NewsMental health in the NFL, Part 3: Eric Hipple’s story and life after footballNew,22commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareMental health in the NFL, Part 3: Eric Hipple’s story and life after footballThis is the final installment of our series covering mental health in the NFL. If you missed them, check out Part 1 and Part 2 here. All this week we have talked about mental health and how current players, as well as the NFL Players Association, are handling it in today’s game. But what about the players that have moved on from football? What happens when there is no more team, no more league and the spotlight fades? Former Detroit Lions quarterback Eric Hipple knows the answer to those questions all too well. You may remember Eric Hipple. From 1980 to 1989, he was a quarterback for the Detroit Lions. He was their starter for five of those years. Perhaps his most memorable moment came in his first career start in 1981 when he torched the Bears for four passing touchdowns and another two on the ground on “Monday Night Football.” After Eric retired from football in 1989, he started a business and threw himself into it. That’s when his troubles began.“I started feeling no motivation,” Hipple told me. “I started to not want to go out, I didn’t want to call on people anymore. I felt fatigue and tired and really, just had a loss of pleasure.”At the time, Hipple didn’t know if what he was feeling was because of injury, not having that rush of playing in the league anymore, or simply dealing with the stresses of being a business owner. Eric soon realized that he was living with depression.His business began to fall apart. He struggled to give it the proper attention it needed to succeed. Pressure began to mount, and Eric couldn’t help but feel like he was losing it. One day Color Rush Austin Bryant Jersey , everything changed when Eric jumped out of a moving car on his way to the airport in an attempt to take his own life. “My wife was driving me to the airport, and I just kinda thought to myself, ‘I can’t do this,’ and I jumped out of the car. We were going 75 miles per hour when I jumped out and I hit the pavement and took quite a tumble. I didn’t get run over. I was very fortunate that the other cars behind us didn’t hit me. I woke up in the hospital.”Eric didn’t want any help. He, too, was held back by the stigma that, as a man, he shouldn’t show weakness. He felt that because he was a former NFL quarterback and a business owner, this couldn’t happen to him. Because he refused help and treatment, he says he didn’t learn anything at that time. Because of that, he couldn’t tell that his son Jeff was also suffering with depression. In 2000, Jeff took his own life at the age of 15. Afterwards, Eric’s life spun out of control. He began to turn to alcohol, which led to his arrest in 2002 for a DUI. He served 58 days in jail — 58 days that he said helped change his life. “You reach a point in time where, ‘Where do I see my life going?’” Hipple said. “For 58 days I wasn’t around anybody, but that 58 days of time sitting there gave me a chance to focus on, ‘Do I want my life to continue this way or that way? What is it that you want out of life?’ At that point in time I wanted answers. That’s what I wanted. I wanted answers for what happened to my son Jeff and what happened to me.” That’s when Eric went to the University of Michigan’s Depression Center in 2003 in search of those answers. It was there that Eric was diagnosed with depression. He soon began to learn more about his disorder. He learned that he wasn’t alone Cheap Austin Bryant Jersey , and more importantly, that depression isn’t a death sentence.Eric decided he wanted to help other former players who were having trouble transitioning to normal, everyday life. “When a player leaves the NFL or college, it’s almost like they’re being kicked out or ostracized,” Hipple said. “You lose having your uniform, having your team, and you lose your support system. People see you and they look up to you and all the sudden you’re outside of that and so who are you? That transition piece becomes very important from a psychological point of view. How do you make that transition?”In 2014, Eric began working with Brandon Scott, the Community Relations Manager for the Detroit Lions, to form a group call the Peer Pride. The group’s goal is to help former players get a hold of their mental disorders and transition from the league. “We have eight guys that we’ve trained to be peer outreach captains,” Hipple explained. “We make phone calls with alumni and we try to see where everybody is at. If somebody does need help, then we have resources for them. Is it a crisis or stress? We’ve been trained to try and talk someone through it, but we have ways of getting somebody that help, which is a very important piece.”If you’re not a former Detroit Lion, the NFLPA also has programs in place for former NFL players, programs called Your PAF (Professional Athletes Forum)and The Trust. Your PAF is set up almost like a magazine, and is designed to help players with everyday things like relationships Austin Bryant Jersey Womens , finances, mental health and transitioning from the game to normal life. They also set up symposiums that former and current players can attend to learn more about these subjects. The Trust is much like the Your PAF program, but with a greater emphasis on the business and monetary end of things. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone that made mental health week at Pride of Detroit possible. Thank you to Eli Harold, Eric Hipple, Ricky Jean Francois, Brandon Parker, the NFLPA, and Jeremy Reisman. Thank you to the readers that took time to read these stories as well. Please do all that you can to help those in need. To the those with mental health issues, know you’re not alone. If you need help, don’t be afraid to use one of these outlets.Suicide Prevention Hotline1-800-273-8255National Alliance On Mental Illness1- 800-950-6264U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Crisis Line1-800-273-8255LGBT National Hotline1-888-843-4564Active Minds Last night, NFL owners voted 31-1 for the extremely impactful rule change that will now allow pass interference—whether it was called by an official or not—to become reviewable upon replay. As we..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsBreaking NewsIntroducing the 2019 Detroit Lions Draft Class! 脳Detroit Lions PollsNFL OpinionWednesday open thread: Do you approve of the NFL’s decision to make pass interference reviewable?New,107commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareWednesday open thread: Do you approve of the NFL’s decision to make pass interference reviewable?Raj Mehta-USA TODAY SportsLast night, NFL owners voted 31-1 for the extremely impactful rule change that will now allow pass interference—whether it was called by an official or not—to become reviewable upon replay. As we all know by now, the rule change was in response to the NFC Championship game, in which (now Lions) receiver Tommylee Lewis was blasted by a Rams defender before the ball got there, but no penalty was called. Under the new rule, that play would be reviewable by coaches—although the play happened within the last two minutes of the game Austin Bryant Detroit Lions Jersey , so it would have to be a booth review in this specific situation.This rule is bound to make a huge impact on the game, and many fans seem to be happy that one of the more frustrating penalties is now subject to review. So today’s Question of the Day is:Do you approve of the NFL’s decision to make pass interference reviewable.My answer: No. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO.I’ve already spoken about this in length, and if you want to read my full argument about this topic, you can read it here. Here’s my short version. Making a call that is subjective and far from black-and-white is both a waste of time and a slippery slope. You can slow down anything upon replay and make it look like whatever you want. Sure, replay may fix obvious situations like the one in the NFC Championship game, but how often do those kind of blatant mistakes actually happen? Now compare that to situations in which it might be pass interference, but it’s hard to tell if it’s just handfighting or other situations in which both players were guilty of it. Regardless, we’re going to see an increase in reviews because wide receivers are going to come screaming to their head coaches on every other play. And coaches are going to challenge pass interference plays more because the reward is potentially so high given that it’s a spot foul. That’s going to result in one of two things: either an increased in pass interference calls or an increase in wasted challenges. Either result, in my opinion, is bad. Pass interference is the most impactful penalty in the game, given that it is a spot foul. So more PI calls means that the refs will have more influence over the game—something I’m sure we can all agree is a bad thing. And no one wants more challenges in the game to slow things down. In 2017, there were only 182 coaches challenges—or an average 0.71 per game (0.36 per team per game). It’s hard to imagine that number will stay anywhere near that low now that pass interference is reviewable. I hate this rule.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 18.07.2019 - 03:11:46

All eyes on Lions G Kenny Wiggins as T.J. Lang continues to sit Detroit Lions starting right guard T.J. Lang missed his third consecutive practice on Friday http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-matt-prater-jersey , signaling that he’s unlikely to play this week against the San Francisco 49ers thanks to a back injury that caused him to miss the final play of Week 1.Last year, the Lions had to deal with a massive amount of injuries along the offensive line and it showed. Detroit had one of the worst running games in the league and Matthew Stafford dealt with pressure on a weekly basis. So this year general manager Bob Quinn went to work on his offensive line depth. While his moves were headline by drafting Frank Ragnow in the first round, he also added offensive tackle Tyrell Crosby in the fifth round of the draft and veteran free agents Kenny Wiggins and Wesley Johnson to help round out the depth in case of injury. While Johnson didn’t stick around after roster cuts, Wiggins did, and it may already be time for him to show why the Lions are more confident in their offensive line depth this year.Wiggins came from the Los Angeles Chargers, where started 25 games in five years, including all 16 last season. Jeff Davidson, the Lions’ new offensive line coach, spent a year working with him back in 2016. But for head coach Matt Patricia, it was an easy choice to add Wiggins in free agency.“We liked everything as far as what he brought to the table as a player, as a teammate, as a professional,” Patricia said on Friday. “(He’s a) guy that’s really just fought and battled his entire career and has always come out on top. And you love those guys, you love those guys that continue to work hard like that to go out and perform.”And throughout camp Wiggins’ versatility had already been proven useful. Before the season even started, the Lions dealt with injuries to Lang and to starting center Graham Glasgow, and Wiggins filled in wherever the Lions needed him. “I thought he’s done a great job being very multiple, which is another big thing for offensive linemen,” Patricia said. “You’re only allowed to have so many, and then active for the game you’re only really carrying so many offensive linemen. So the overlap of position coverage has to be at a high value and he’s one of those guys that’s able to do that. He can really flip both sides of the line of scrimmage. About the only thing I don’t have him doing right now is snapping.”But training camp is one thing, the regular season is another. If Lang can’t go and Wiggins is the Lions’ replacement Womens Anthony Zettel Jersey , the former Charger has quite the task in front of him. The 49ers boast an impressive defensive front—led by defensive tackle DeForest Buckner—that can easily disrupt Detroit’s chemistry on the offensive line.“It should be a huge challenge for us up front,” Patricia admitted earlier in the week. “They really have great players here on either side ball and certainly their defensive line with the scheme that Coach (Robert) Saleh is implementing there. It’s a very aggressive attacking front that they play. And I think these guys are doing a good job adapting to that and really performing at a high level.”Wiggins wasn’t all that impressive in the preseason, and the 49ers likely know that. So can the man who has fought and battled against the odds his entire career come out on top again Sunday? We’ll see.Lions vs. Browns final score: Detroit ends pathetic preseason with loss to Cleveland, 35-17 The Lions lost their final preseason game in another ugly game, dropping their preseason record to 1-3. Here’s a recap:First quarterThe Browns got the ball first and didn’t take any time driving downfield against the Lions’ second string defense. They got a big play out of tight end Devon Cajuste (of “Hard Knocks” fame) after Rolan Milligan fell down in coverage and was injured on the play. Just a few plays later, Nick Chubb would convert a fourth-and-1 for a 3-yard touchdown run. With Jake Rudock as the starting quarterback, the Lions offense quickly went three-and-out. Here’s what their starting offensive lineup looked like: Baker Mayfield and the Browns continued to move the ball downfield with little pushback, but the Lions did eventually force them into a field goal. Brown 10-0.But during commercial break, the play of the game happened:Love you, Lions fans.Rudock took his second drive and nearly went three-and-out again, but a defensive holding extended the drive... for three more plays. The Lions punted again without earning a first down. The first quarter ended with the Browns continuing to drive, and the Lions declaring two roster bubble players, Rolan Milligan (chest) and Zach Zenner (back) out for the rest of the game. Second quarterThe Brown offense continued to look unstoppable. Facing a third-and-6, Browns running back Matthew Dayes took a draw play for a 42-yard touchdown. 17-0 Browns. The Lions took the ball, and stop me if you’ve heard this, but they went three-and-out again. Thankfully, the Lions defense finally got a stop of their own, and the Browns punted for the first time. But the Lions offense couldn’t muster up anything. They did get another first down (by penalty, again), but that was it. Another drive Womens Barry Sanders Jersey , another punt. The Lions defense forced another punt, and it was time for Matt Cassel to put in his best efforts for a two-minute drill to end the half.Surprisingly... he did well... well, up until he didn’t. Cassel quickly drove the Lions into Browns territory, but on a third-and-1, Cassel threw a pass right into Brown defensive lineman Nate Orchard’s hands and Orchard took it 64 yards for a Cleveland touchdown. The Browns rubbed it in with a two-point conversion. 25-0 Browns. Third quarterThe Lions finally got on the board, but it was thanks to a Browns turnover. After punting on their first offensive possession, the Lions recovered a muffed punt that hit an unsuspecting Browns player. Already in field goal position, it didn’t matter that the Lions would end up going backwards, as Ryan Santoso knocked through a 46-yard field goal. 25-3 Browns. The teams would trade punts for a couple of possession, with Cassel unable to move the Lions offense downfield and Browns third-stringer Brogan Roback struggling the same. In the end, the Browns would end up adding a field goal, too. 28-3 Browns.Fourth quarterWith Jake Rudock back in the game with some third and fourth stringers, the Lions offense showed a little bit of life. Thanks to a big pass interference penalty, and solid 21-yard scramble from Rudock, the Lions got down into the red zone and Dwayne Washington punched it in from the 1-yard line. 28-10 Browns. The game would end unceremoniously with no “exciting” comeback this time. The Browns would essentially put the game away with a nine-play, 90-yard drive, ending with a 22-yard touchdown pass. 35-10 Browns. Rudock would again lead the Lions to a late-game touchdown thanks to a superb grab from Teo Redding and a solid fade pass to Chris Lacy. 35-17 Browns.PregameThe 2018 NFL preseason mercifully comes to an end on Thursday night. All 32 NFL teams will be in action, including our beloved Detroit Lions.The Lions exhibition season ends as it always should: with a contest against the Cleveland Browns for the glorious Great Lakes Freighter Trophy. Yes, the two teams used to actually award a trophy to the winner of a preseason game. The Athletic’s Ty Schalter has a phenomenal read on the history of the pathetic-yet-hilarious bronzed ship. “The Great Lakes Classic preseason series was a throwback to the leather-helmet days of the NFL, an echo of decades-old college football traditions and a revival of a proven concept Womens Levine Toilolo Jersey ,” Schalter wrote. “It was an innovative way to generate excitement around exhibition games, and a clever leveraging of dollars earmarked for charity.”Of course, what followed was over a decade’s worth of ineptness for both franchises, leading the trophy to become a joke and the preseason matchup to become an even bigger farce than before.The Great Lakes Classic was scrapped in 2015, but with both franchises looking to be on the rebound, maybe this is the start of the revival of the Great Lakes Classic. Or maybe this is just another preseason finale we’re all in a hurry to get past.Either way, if you’re interested in watching, the game happens to be nationally televised. Here’s how to catch Lions vs. Browns. How to watchDate: Thursday, August 30, 2018Time: 7 p.m. ETLocation: Ford Field—Detroit, MINationally televised: NFL NetworkLocally televised: WJBK (FOX/2 - Detroit)WNEM (CBS/5 - Saginaw)WSYM (FOX/47 - Lansing)WXMI (FOX/17 - Grand Rapids)WFQX (FOX/32 - Traverse City MI)WUPW (FOX/36 - Toledo OH)WJMN (CBS/3 - Escanaba MI)Online streaming: NFL Game Pass (free 7-day trial), Announcers: Matt Shepard, Chris Spielman, Tori PetryLocal radio: WJR-AM NEWS TALK 760Radio announcers: Dan Miller, Lomas BrownReplay times:Friday, August 3112 a.m. ET - Fox Sports Detroit3 p.m. ET - Fox Sports DetroitSaturday, September 112 p.m. ET - NFL Network12 p.m. ET - Fox Sports DetroitSunday, September 29 p.m. ET - Fox Sports Detroit
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 18.07.2019 - 05:56:50

Jay Gruden occasionally has to remind people his team is in 6-3 and in first place."That's a heck of deal after nine games Stephen Anderson Jersey White ," the Washington Redskins' coach said. "But I'm also excited with the fact that we have not played our best yet, and I think the best is yet to come."It wasn't been a flawless ride, but when the roller-coaster Redskins host the rolling Houston Texans on Sunday, it'll be a showdown between two surprising division leaders. Washington has gotten into first place in the NFC East alternating strong and weak performances, and Houston has won six in a row to also reach 6-3 and sit atop the AFC South.Led by veterans Alex Smith and Adrian Peterson, the Redskins come into the matchup motivated by a lack of respect. Second-year quarterback Deshaun Watson and the Texans are full of confidence after digging out of an 0-3 hole."Winning helps," Houston coach Bill O'Brien said. "Everybody has confidence in their ability to go out there and play well, but I also think our team understands that this is a very humbling league. This is a league, it's a short walk. It's a short walk from where you are right now to where you were when you were 0-3."It's a very short walk for the Redskins from their best to their worst. A three-game October winning streak and last week's victory at Tampa Bay didn't show their best.So there's reason why, despite leading the division by two games D'Onta Foreman Jersey White , Washington isn't getting the same buzz as other playoff contenders. Players are just fine with that."Nobody's really looking at the Redskins or anything," middle linebacker Zach Brown said. "For us, we're just going to keep trying to stack up the wins and see where we can take it. For us, we just need an invite to the dance because you never know what might happen."Peterson figures it's too early to think playoffs, but said: "You can definitely have it in the back of your mind and understand how important each and every game is."Coming off their bye week, the Texans fully understand the value of every game to their chances of winning a third division title in four seasons."We have to win against the Redskins to even keep conversations like that alive," defensive end J.J. Watt said. "If you start to look that far ahead and you start to think about things like that, that's when you get blindsided."Some things to watch when the Texans visit the Redskins:WHAT A COMEBACKWatt and Peterson are top candidates for the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year award after turning in strong performances in their return from two straight seasons that were cut short by injuries.Watt played just eight games in the previous two seasons because of back surgeries and a broken leg. Peterson missed 19 games in the 2016 and 2017 seasons combined because of knee surgery and a neck injury.Watt is tied for third in the NFL with nine sacks and tied for first by forcing four fumbles. He also has 16 quarterback hits, 11 tackles for losses and has swatted down two passes.Peterson is tied for fifth in the league with 672 yards rushing and has scored four touchdowns.Watt raved about Peterson's comeback."He's obviously one of the great running backs of the game," Watt said. "What he's been able to do in his career Womens Jose Altuve Jersey , but then to be able to come back the way he has and have the type of season he's having 鈥?obviously, I know how difficult it is from firsthand experience to come back from injuries, so I'm extremely impressed by what he's been able to do. I have a ton of respect for his game. It's always a good challenge to play against him and I enjoy the competition."SWEARINGER REVENGE GAMERedskins safety D.J. Swearinger, who was drafted by the Texans in the second round in 2013 and cut after the 2014 season, has not been shy to rip O'Brien. He posted on Instagram this week about "unprofessional actions" by O'Brien that led to his release, which his former coach responded to by saying he didn't know what Swearinger was talking about."D.J. made a lot of plays for us here," O'Brien said. "He's a very instinctive, tough, competitive player. He's obviously gone on to Arizona and now in Washington and I think he's a captain there and he's (second in) the league in interceptions, doing a great job http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-vyncint-smith-jersey , has got excellent ball skills, good tackler, tough, competitive guy."WATSON DOWNOnly the Giants' Eli Manning and Cowboys' Dak Prescott have been sacked more this season than Watson. The Texans quarterback said he tries to get back as close to the line of scrimmage as possible so as not to lose yardage on his 30 sacks.Brown has noticed on film that defenses can force sacks on Watson when they lock down on coverage because the young QB holds on to the ball so long trying to make something happen."I think he's just trying to make plays," Brown said. "He's still young. Eventually he'll get that clock ticking in his head." The man who brought an NFL back to Houston in 2002 has died. Bob McNair was 81.“It is with deep sadness that we announce Houston Texans Founder, Senior Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and philanthropist, Robert C. McNair passed away peacefully in Houston today with his loving wife, Janice, and his family by his side,” the Texans announced in a statement.McNair successfully landed an expansion franchise for Houston in 1999 http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-greg-mancz-jersey , two years after the Oilers moved to Tennessee and became the Titans. The Texans debuted in 2002.The Titans return to Houston on Monday night to face McNair’s Texans, who have won seven games in a row after starting the year 0-3.鈥淢r. McNair was an amazing man who made tremendous contributions to the NFL and the City of Houston,” coach Bill O’Brien said in a statement. “He was a very caring, thoughtful and passionate individual. As much as he cared about winning, I think the thing I will remember most about Mr. McNair is the way he cared about the players. I know how much giving back meant to him and his loyalty and generosity to the City of Houston and our community will never be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are with Janice and the McNair Family.鈥漌e extend our condolences to his family, friends, and the Texans organization.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 19.07.2019 - 06:10:41

Maybe Houston shouldn’t have won the division."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕2019 NFL Draft2019 NFL Draft: Houston Texans’ First Round Nightmare Scenario New Deshaun Watson Jersey ,40commentsMaybe Houston shouldn’t have won the division. CDTShareTweetShareShare2019 NFL Draft: Houston Texans’ First Round Nightmare Scenario Thomas B. Shea-USA TODAY SportsOh, the NFL Draft, a three day extravaganza of predicting, projecting, and praying that months of studying will pay off. Some teams have more to desperately pray for than others, but fortunately for Texans’ fans, the anticipation does not have to wait until the third round begins this year.With the 23rd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, there should be plenty of talent available for the Texans to select. However, the first tier of offensive line and cornerback talent may be off the board by the time the Texans go on the clock. If so, the Texans may be scrambling to find comparable talent with a first round pick at corner or offensive tackle. This is how it could happen, and what Houston should do if it does.Part One: A Run on Offensive LinemenTo compensate for the best defensive line draft in recent memory Zach Cunningham Jersey , teams respond with a mid-first round run on offensive linemen. If you’ve studied the myriad of mock drafts posted on a daily basis, you’ve seen this scenario outlined below. Everyone and their mother is projecting the Jags take Taylor with the seventh overall pick to replace Jeremy Parnell. Taylor is the most NFL-ready right tackle in this draft class. The Packers have other needs, but as Aaron Rodgers’ health goes, so do the Packers; Williams would pair nicely with David Bakhtiari to protect Rodgers’ blind side. I could also see the Pack taking Cody Ford and moving him to guard. The Panthers have holes all over the offensive line and Dillard would shore up the left side of the line. Although I doubt Dillard makes it all the way to 16, he likely won’t get past the Panthers if he does slide a tad. The Vikings have an equally miserable offensive line as the Texans and would subsequently pick the best lineman available in this scenario. Ford is my ideal Texans draft pick, though Weston surely disagrees. Like that kid on the playground that follows the bully and gets the last kick in, the Chargers leap the Texans in this scenario to nab Little as their future left tackle. Little may not be a plug-and-play first-round talent right now, but he has an elite ceiling if he succeeds. Part Two: The Three CBs Are Swept UpIf you are a consumer of all things irrelevant (a/k/a mock drafts and flat earth theories), you’ve seen the former usually presents only three corner backs drafted in the first round. Deandre Baker, Greedy Williams, and Byron Murphy are three talented corners with vastly different skill sets Lonnie Johnson Houston Texans Jersey , and their draft selections will be more dependent on each team’s scheme rather than their rank of talent.This is not the most elite cornerback class, but need takes precedent in the middle of the draft. The Redskins, Giants, and Titans steal the best talent right out of the Texans’ grasp. Deandre Baker is a stud corner who will dive right into the Redskins’ revolving door secondary. They will make up for his speed concerns with their base-nickel package and with newly acquired Landon Collins. Byron Murphy would excel for the Giants as a zone coverage corner on the other side of Janoris Jenkins, and Greedy Williams makes a ton of sense for Tennessee since they face Deshaun Watson, Andrew Luck and now Nick Foles twice a season. Greedy can run with T.Y. Hilton and is physical enough to battle DeAndre Hopkins Now that the dead are at the gates of Winterfell and all the talent in the land at positions of need have been taken, what do the Texans do at 23? The first thought is to trade back and get more at bats in the draft, but moving back does not make the talent any better. If this scenario takes place on April 25th, the Texans will have to read their draft board, use every second of the clock to find a trade partner, but ultimately they should make this pick:The talented corner is already on the Texans’ (and Charley Casserly’s!) radar. He met with the Texans during the Senior Bowl Lonnie Johnson Jersey 2019 , as reported by Aaron Wilson.It is not that taking Ya-Sin is a guaranteed bust or a wasted pick, but teams are looking for Pro Bowl talent in the first round. Ya-Sin ran a 4.51 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine which was well within the bottom half of times for defensive backs. He played most of his career at Presbyterian and only one season at Temple as a graduate transfer. He has prototypical cornerback size and length and knows how to be aggressive at the top of his routes. His film during the Senior Bowl presented much needed tape against NFL-ready talent. Ya-Sin would be an immediate solution for the Texans at corner. The team brought in Bradley Roby and Briean Boddy-Calhoun as band-aids, but Ya-Sin is a moldable talent who I could see Bill O’Brien and Brian Gaine pulling the trigger on over reaching for a definite second-round offensive lineman. Still, for all that Ya-Sin would bring, the Texans have their eyes on a player with a higher ceiling entering the draft. Matt and Luke explain why Battle Red Blog selected the LSU cornerback."It’s been sealed in blood. The pick is in. Battle Red Blog decided to select Greedy Williams with the #23 overall pick in the first round in the SB Nation Mock Draft. Matt and Luke break down why we made the pick we made, why we went cornerback, and why we like Greedy as much as we do. Also the floor is open for questions for tonight’s show. Please leave them in the comments below. We are recording at 7 p.m. CST tonight. Make sure to subscribe to the show while you are at it. The direct link is here. The embedded player is below. MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE:You can subscribe on iTunes here.You can subscribe on Android/Google here. You can subscribe/listen on Spotify here.You can subscribe/listen on Stitcher here.Please subscribe and write a lovely review that gives us that three stars out of five rating we deserve. Keep that in mind when you download the episode this week. I’m trying to buy some kombucha. A happy gut is a happy heart.Thanks for staying awhile and listening. Enjoy the show while you do whatever it is that you do.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 23.07.2019 - 01:25:07

It is easy to see why analysts view Joe Mixon as an easy breakout candidate for the Bengals."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBABengals News (5/16): Joe Mixon is looking at a breakout seasonNew C.J. Uzomah Jersey White ,39commentsIt is easy to see why analysts view Joe Mixon as an easy breakout candidate for the Bengals.EDTShareTweetShareShareBengals News (5/16): Joe Mixon is looking at a breakout seasonDavid Kohl-USA TODAY SportsMassive Middle Man Intrigues BengalsAs the rookies snapped-crackled-and-popped to the field for their first NFL practice last week, one of Bengals president Mike Brown’s coaches approached him with a smile that couldn’t be concealed since he was talking about the easy to find the nose tackle from Arizona State.Bengals Sign Sixth-Round Pick Deshaun DavisDavis (5-11, 234) spent five seasons (2014-18) at Auburn, with a redshirt year in ’14, and compiled 266 career tackles, including 29 for losses and seven sacks. Last season, Davis led the Tigers in tackles (116) en route to first-team All-SEC honors.Report: Some Bengals view Renell Wren as ‘biggest upside of any’This time the praise focuses on fourth-round pick Renell Wren out of Arizona State, a 6’5″ Womens Boomer Esiason Jersey , 318-pound interior presence who was clearly nabbed to solve a longstanding problem on the inside next to Geno Atkins.Three Players the Bengals Should Target in the Second Phase of Free AgencyWith the draft complete, the NFL world has quieted down in anticipation for training camp this summer. However, many teams remain on alert as there are plenty of names remaining on the free agent market. For the Bengals and the rest of the NFL, it is a time to look for value and maybe snag a few steals.Peter King shoves Bengals to 30th in latest power rankingsThe Bengals haven’t fared well in power rankings, win totals or simple odds in the minds of most. While the draft class itself has been praised, the start of a new era under Zac Taylor seems to have most skeptical.Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Mixon leader of the pack of breakout playersThe Cincinnati Bengals have been an enigma over the past decade. Despite a roster loaded with talent, all the team has to show for it is six one-and-done wildcard playoff appearances. New coaches and a new identity offer current players a fresh start. Examining Zac Taylor’s tendencies as Rams wide receivers and quarterbacks coach and Miami interim offensive coordinator gives us an idea of who is set for a breakout in 2019.Comeback kid: Resilient Davontae Harris ready to give Bengals his bestCINCINNATI – Davontae Harris was just a few weeks into the pursuit of his NFL dream last year when disaster struck. It was the second quarter of the second preseason game last year in Dallas, a short 300-mile drive from his hometown of Wichita Ryan Glasgow Jersey White , Kansas, a scheduling convenience that enabled some family members to make the trip to see him in action.Random NewsRanking NFL QB commitment - How married all 32 teams are to their startersSome NFL teams are married to their quarterbacks. Some are just starting to get serious. Some are sitting across from their quarterbacks at a fancy restaurant blatantly eyeing a quarterback at the next table. It's a complex and varied landscape, and it can be confusing.Kyle Rudolph won't take pay cut: 'Too young for that'Some thought cutting, trading, or adjusting the contract of tight end Kyle Rudolph might be how the cap-strapped Vikes create space. While questions about Rudolph's future in Minnesota linger, the veteran tight end made it clear he's not interested in any sort of pay cut or team-friendly deal.Big Ben bonds with Steelers teammates at lake houseThe Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, who was at the heart of former teammates' complaints this offseason, brought some of his skill position players to his lake house in Georgia to hang out and cruise on his boat.Kareem Hunt: 'I got to earn people's trust back'The signing drew a lot of controversy when considering the circumstances of his well-documented release from the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 30 Womens Jeff Driskel Jersey , 2018, after video showed Hunt pushing and kicking a woman.Lee excited to play alongside Smith and Vander EschWith Jaylon Smith entrenched in the middle linebacker spot and Leighton Vander Esch becoming a Pro Bowl weakside 'backer, Lee will move to the strong side of the formation, the veteran told reporters Wednesday night at a charity event for the Salvation Army.Le'Veon Bell will do best for Jets like him or notIn the aftermath of a tumultuous day in Gotham, Jets running back Le'Veon Bell let his Twitter followers and the Gang Green faithful know, "Everyone has a job to do, and I'm gonna do mine whether people 'like' me or not." The end."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBABreaking NewsKeep track of the 2019 Bengals draft脳NFL Free AgencyBengals Free Agency 2019Bengals cut Vontaze Burfict after trying to trade himNew,580commentsThe end. EDTShareTweetShareShareBengals cut Vontaze Burfict after trying to trade himTommy Gilligan-USA TODAY SportsThe Cincinnati Bengals have released linebacker Vontaze Burfict http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-alex-redmond-jersey , according to the NFL Network. The team actually tried to trade him for realizing that simply wasn’t going to happen.This marks the end of what was once a very promising career for Burfict, who was an undrafted free agent out of Arizona State in 2012. He quickly became not only one of the Bengals’ best defenders in his first two seasons, but also one of the NFL’s best linebackers. But after a Pro Bowl season in 2013, Burfict’s career quickly fell into a tailspin. Injuries, suspensions and concussions ultimately led to his downfall, so much that he was a liability on defense more often than not this past season.Speaking, there’s been speculation Burfict’s frequent concussions could lead to him not playing another down of football in the NFL, though he’ll obviously try to find another team willing to take a gamble. Even though his career will be a big ‘what if Jordan Willis Jersey White ,’ he still goes down as one of the best linebackers to ever play in the Queen City. During his prime, he was already making a strong case as the best linebacker to ever play in Cincinnati. Sadly, we only saw glimpses of what could have really been.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 23.07.2019 - 02:13:41

Lions vs. Buccaneers report card: A secondary disaster in Tampa Time to hand out grades from the Detroit Lions’ preseason win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It’s not going to be an easy task Womens Marvin Jones Jr Jersey , since the story from the starters is far different than that of the reserves, but we’re just going to mix it all up and spit out a grade, because that’s what you’re looking for right now.Quarterbacks: A-Matthew Stafford moved the offense consistently, made a few plays with his legs, and would have had a much better statistical output had his receivers not made a few uncharacteristic drops on key plays. He looks ready for the regular season.Surprisingly, the Lions’ backup quarterbacks played fairly well, too. Though they were both aided by a solid second-half running game and neither took any shots downfield, they were both efficient on Friday night and managed the game well. Running backs: A-Lions running backs combined for 116 yards on 27 carries (4.3 YPC). LeGarrette Blount (4.1), Ameer Abdullah (4.3), Kerryon Johnson (6.3) and Theo Riddick (10.0) all rushed efficiently throughout the game and had minimal mistakes. The only reason this isn’t an A is because Theo Riddick dropped a pass and no running back outside of a late appearance from Dwayne Washington was effective in the passing game.Note: If you’re thinking, “Hey, the Lions are looking pretty good so far,” and you want to keep it that way, you should probably stop reading right now. Wide receivers: C-Congratulations to Brandon Powell, whose performances both in special teams and on offense single-handedly pulled this unit up a full letter grade. For the rest of the group, it was an uninspiring day. Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay had bad drops, and the rest of the crew was basically non-factors. The top four receivers combined for this statline:4 catches (12 targets) for 71 yardsThat is just not good enough for a receiving corps that some believe is among the league’s best.Tight ends: C+The Lions lost Luke Willson to a knee injury (severity unknown), but the rest of the unit did okay. Hakeem Valles continues to make a serious run at the final roster. Levine Toilolo made a good play—even though he was fortunate his fumble was not considered a fumble. Michael Roberts even picked up a nice first down. This unit is still a bit underwhelming, but Friday night was a step in the right direction. Offensive line: CThis is a really tough unit to grade, because not only was the story a lot different in the second half, but the run blocking was a lot different than the pass blocking. It’s also tough to judge, because the Lions were shuffling the offensive line all night. Frank Ragnow was in a new position at right guard. Kenny Wiggins, Joe Dahl and Leo Koloamatangi all got some rotational time with the first team. At times, it was ugly. Matthew Stafford was sacked three times, bringing his preseason total to five sacks in eight drives. That’s nowhere near good enough. However Womens Miles Killebrew Jersey , the Lions were able to run the ball consistently throughout the entire game, and especially in the second half. The only place they really struggled: the dang red zone. Defensive line: C-Well, the Lions notched their first sack of the preseason, but they literally only got one. That being said, I actually thought the Lions went out and created pressure at a pretty solid rate, relatively speaking. Ricky Jean Francois, Devon Kennard and even Ezekiel Ansah were all able to get the Bucs quarterbacks on the move. It’s not where it needs to be, but it was undoubtedly an improvement from performances we’ve seen in the past.The run defense continues to be a problem, and while that may have more to do with the linebackers—we’ll get to that in a minute—the holes created by the first and second string Bucs offensive line (which was shorthanded by injury, mind you) were way bigger than acceptable. Linebackers: D-Oh, Jarrad Davis. What are we going to do with you? The 2017 first-round pick continues to make mental mistake after mental mistake. He put himself in several positions to make a play on Friday night, and nearly biffed them all. He’s having an absolutely awful preseason and we likely won’t see him again until Week 1 against the Jets. I don’t like to get worried over the preseason, but in regards to Davis individually, I am very worried.The rest of the crew was caught taking bad angles, filling wrong gaps and getting exploited in coverage. It was a rough outing.Secondary: FRemember earlier in the week when Football Outsiders’ Scott Kacsmar said that the Lions relied too much on Darius Slay last year and need a No. 2 cornerback to step up? Well, DING DING DING, he was right. Nevin Lawson was absolutely torched all night on Friday in what has to be one of the most embarrassing preseason performances I’ve ever seen.But it wasn’t just him. Tavon Wilson had a setback after a good game last week. Even Darius Slay had a rough go of it on Friday. It would be one thing if the Lions were going up against one of the more prolific pass offenses in the league, but the Bucs aren’t expected to be a very good passing team this year.Special teams: DIf your team gets a 80-yard punt return touchdown, you’d think their overall special teams grade would be through the roof, but when you also cede a 109-yard field goal return touchdown, you get downgraded... severely. Outside of those two plays, it was mostly bad. The Lions’ coverage teams were really poor, and Ryan Santoso missed a fairly easy field goal (didn’t end up counting, but still). Coaching: DOkay, let’s talk about it. Matt Patricia’s performance at the end of the first half was... troubling. Despite having all three timeouts Womens Devon Kennard Jersey , the Lions ran out the entire clock before getting into field goal range. That turned out to be an okay decision because the Lions didn’t end up converting on third down, but it was still too much wasted time had the Lions been able to move the ball downfield. Also, Patricia curiously took a timeout to attempt the field goal with seven seconds left, instead of three or four. Had the field goal not been returned, the Bucs could have had time for a Hail Mary. As for the decision to kick, I don’t really care. It’s good practice, and I would hope Patricia wouldn’t have made that choice in the regular season. Matt Prater is good, but he’s also 34 years old and it was not exactly great field conditions to try at 60+ yard field goal.For the rest of the game, the Lions’ starters just didn’t look anywhere near where they need to be to compete against other NFL teams. Obviously they don’t really need to be ready for another couple weeks, but this wasn’t promising. ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Kenny Golladay is making quite an impression on his fellow receivers in Detroit.The second-year wideout had four catches for 98 yards and a touchdown Sunday in the Lions‘ 31-23 victory over Green Bay. He also had a touchdown called back because of a penalty.Golladay has given Detroit another strong receiving threat along with Golden Tate and Marvin Jones — and at this point, it’s hard to tell who the defense should be most concerned with.“Having Kenny play the way he’s been playing since he came on the team has been huge. He’s opened it up for everybody,” Tate said. “Now we have a bunch of guys who can make plays.”The Lions drafted Golladay in the third round last year out of Northern Illinois, and he got off to quite a start, catching two touchdown passes in his first game .However, he missed five games with hamstring issues and finished the season with only 28 catches.Still, the potential was there, and this year the 6-foot-4 Golladay has nearly matched that reception total already. He has 27 catches for 428 yards. On the Lions, only Tate is ahead of him in those categories.“He’s killing it,” Jones said. “He’s doing a great job, and it’s fun to see.”Golladay has been productive this season, and he’s also been consistent. He caught seven passes for 114 yards in the season opener against the Jets and was one of the very few bright spots for Detroit in that loss. He’s had at least four receptions in all five games.The 5-foot-10 Tate is a dependable veteran who can excel after the catch. Both he and the 6-foot-2 Jones had more than 1,000 yards receiving last season. But it’s hard not to notice Golladay’s physical ability and wonder if Detroit’s passing game could be even better as he becomes a bigger part of it.“He’s obviously a big kid, physical kid, can run Kerryon Johnson Jersey , wants to be a really good player,” quarterback Matthew Stafford said after the game against Green Bay.“Smart, has dialogue with me. All of our guys do, really, which is great. What they’re seeing out there, what they think we can do — so, I’m just happy for our team to get a win. Obviously happy for Kenny. He had a good one.”Golladay’s 46-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter was nullified by an illegal use of hands penalty on a Detroit lineman. Later that period, Stafford and Golladay connected again for a 60-yard gain that set up a touchdown.Golladay caught a 5-yard scoring pass in the fourth quarter that put the Lions up 31-14.“Whenever my number is called, I’m just trying to make the play,” Golladay said. “So if they want to throw it to me five times or four times a game or nine times a game, I just want to make all the plays.”As he becomes more of an established target, Golladay may have to deal with more attention from opposing defenses. That’s a sign of respect, of course, and Lions coach Matt Patricia likes what he sees so far.“There’s a lot of different coverages that are coming his way, there’s a lot of different fronts, doubles, bracket-type situations that he’s running into. … The great part about it is just his competitiveness overall,” Patricia said.“Doing the details, doing the little things — the blocking. Maybe some of the plays where he may draw a little bit more attention and free somebody else up. Those are big responsibilities in the offense and kind of help everything fit together for all the guys on the field.”NOTES: DE Ziggy Ansah, back with the Lions this season on the franchise tag, has missed the past four games with a shoulder injury. Patricia did not appreciate a question Monday about whether Ansah’s contract status might be affecting his return to the field. “The guy’s trying every single day to get back out there. So, that’s what it is. Don’t make it anything more than that,” Patricia said.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 23.07.2019 - 03:30:46

After missing out on the Green Bay Packers’ head coaching job Womens Davon House Jersey , it appears that Todd Monken is still interested in working for the organization. The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator interviewed with the team over the weekend, but missed out on the position when the Packers picked Matt LaFleur instead. Now, there’s a chance that Green Bay could land both of the offensive minds who were reportedly at the top of their board following the first set of head coaching interviews. According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Monken will interview for the Packers’ offensive coordinator position in the coming days. However, he also reportedly has a few other interviews lined up with other teams for the same job Brett Favre Jersey White , as the Lions and Browns are both on his itinerary.Monken’s experience and success leading an offense would be an excellent addition to the LaFleur’s staff. He called plays for 15 of the the Buccaneers’ 16 games in 2018, leading them to a ninth-place finish in passing DVOA and a third-place rank in total yards. However, he did not call plays during his first two years in Tampa, as head coach Dirk Koetter held those duties; therefore, he would not necessarily be taking a significant step back by taking a non-playcalling coordinator position under LaFleur in Green Bay. In addition http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-josh-jones-jersey , his experience as a college head coach (at Southern Mississippi) could keep him in serious consideration for head coaching jobs in future years.APC’s Paul Noonan expanded on Monken’s offensive philosophy recently. It seems logical that his approach and focus on explosive plays would mesh well with LaFleur, who also values picking up chunks of yardage at once. In addition, Monken would likely bring some Air Coryell and Air Raid influences to the table, which could further diversify the Shanahan-style West Coast system that LaFleur will implement.If the Packers manage to hire Monken, fans — and quarterback Aaron Rodgers — should rejoice. His presence would give the team a coordinator with a proven track record of success in leading an NFL offense and would put Rodgers on a trajectory towards a bounce-back season in 2019. It’s an odd swap"Rarely does an NFL player change his number without a specific reason. Typically Montravius Adams Jersey White , it takes the arrival of a new player who wants his previous number or the departure of another player through retirement or free agency to get someone to switch his digits. However, the Green Bay Packers saw two players make an unusual number swap recently as the team prepares to start offseason workouts on Monday.The two players are safety Josh Jones and running back Lavon Coleman. Jones has worn number 27 since the team drafted him in 2017 out of North Carolina State. Meanwhile, Coleman picked up number 24 when he was signed to the practice squad last October (and he later suited up in those digits for one game late in the 2018 season). However, for reasons that may be known only to those two players, they have apparently elected to swap their numbers. According to the team’s official roster on Packers.com Bryan Bulaga Jersey , Jones is now wearing 24 while Coleman has 27.The reason Jones could not have number 24 when he was drafted is that it was already assigned at that time. Cornerback Quinten Rollins wore 24 from 2015 through 2018 before being waived off injured reserve just after training camp last fall. Prior to Rollins’ arrival, 24 belonged to Jarrett Bush from 2006 to 2014. 27, meanwhile, was running back Eddie Lacy’s number during his four-year tenure in Green Bay from 2013 to 2016. These changes are the second and third number changes this offseason for the Packers. Outside linebacker Kendall Donnerson switched from 91 to 53 in March after the team released Nick Perry in March.Thanks to Andy Herman of CheeseheadTV for spotting Jones’ number change.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 23.07.2019 - 05:51:57

Take off your pants and jacket. It’s SNOT time." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBattle Red Bloga Houston Texans communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsTexansOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Saturday Night’s Alright For Commenting (4/13/2019)New http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-zach-fulton-jersey ,27commentsTake off your pants and jacket. It’s SNOT time.CDTShareTweetShareShareSaturday Night’s Alright For Commenting (4/13/2019)Photo by Yong Teck Lim/Getty ImagesHello. Good evening. Come sit right down. I’m in Memphis and it’s been raining in the Southeastern parts of the state for, oooohhhhhhh, twelve straight hours now. I’m supposed to go to some concert that was supposed to be outside but can’t be moved inside because they sold too many tickets. Good times.Anyways, here’s your thread to discuss whatever this Saturday night: playoff basketball, Jadeveon Clowney trade rumors Kendall Lamm Jersey , the never ending weekend rain, it’s your time and place to discuss whatever whenever.What Happens To Bill O’Brien If Houston Falls To 0-3? Both the Houston Texans and New York Giants are 0-2. They are entering as much of a must-win as you can get in the NFL if your goals is to make the postseason. Only 11.1% of all 0-2 teams make the playoffs. Only 3.3% of 0-3 teams make the playoffs. Going 0-3 isn’t a death sentence. It’s just a wrongfully convicted murder charge cleared by DNA testing fifteen years in the future. Because of this start and losing to Blaine Gabbert (who didn’t even play with Tennessee’s two starting tackles or its starting tight end), previous murmurings under the Earth are starting to become wails and howls regarding Bill O’Brien’s job. He was extended shortly after last season despite going 4-12 because injuries ruined 2017 and O’Brien turned the offense into a green-tailed meteor with Deshaun Watson at quarterback. This season, the context has quickly changed. The Texans are (1) healthy and (2) talented.They should have played better against New England, and they should have beat an empty Titans squad. The expectations for this season were playoffs at a minimum.With a loss this week Womens Justin Reid Jersey , those expectations may already be derailed. I know it’s only Tuesday. We are a long ways from Sunday’s game, and we’re even longer from an 0-3 start. But with all the wails, and with those who used to be in O’Brien’s corner now leaving him out in front of dumpster, I have a simple question. If the Texans do lose to the Giants, if they do fall to 0-3 Womens Brandon Dunn Jersey , should Houston fire O’Brien in an attempt to save the season and give the job to Romeo Crennel? Or should they stand pat and assume things will get better, with the assumption that O’Brien is the long-term man for the job regardless of a three game losing streak that just happened to occur at the beginning of the season?
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 25.07.2019 - 01:40:56

The Bengals end their draft with an addition at cornerback." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCincy Junglea Cincinnati Bengals communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryBengalsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBABengals select Jordan Brown with the 223rd selectionNew Cordy Glenn Jersey White ,42commentsThe Bengals end their draft with an addition at cornerback. EDTShareTweetShareShareBengals select Jordan Brown with the 223rd selectionChuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsThe Bengals use their final draft pick in the 2019 NFL draft to select cornerback Jordan Brown out of South Dakota St.With Darqueze Dennard on a one-year deal, and the rest of the young cornerbacks on the roster being hold overs from the last coaching staff. It makes sense that the Bengals would add some possible depth at that position. As with most Round 7 players, special teams will be his best chance at making this team and sticking around.Brown has prototypical height and speed for a cornerback in today’s NFL. He was a former-wide receiver, so his ball skills are better than the typical defensive back. However, despit his size he still struggles in the run and in jump ball situations. He really just needs to fine tune some technical aspects of his game so he doesn’t get out of position when the ball is in the air. Also someone needs to light a fire under him so he gets more aggressive in general.The Bengals used the draft to address their biggest needs at linebacker and offensive line. They also added two running backs to help complete their stable of backs. Overall the Bengals didn’t leave the 2019 draft with very many holes in their roster. We will have to see who they bring in as undrafted free agents at this point to address their remaining roster spots.Bengals’ remaining top draft needs:DE, WR2019 Bengals Draft PicksRoundPick NumberRoundPick NumberDay 3 NFL Draft schedule: 12 p.m. ET, Saturday http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-tyler-eifert-jersey , April 27Here’s a link to the full seven-round NFL Draft order and live draft tracker! The Bengals stuck with linebacker Vontaze Burfict through all his troubles, including a hit to Antonio Brown’s head that led to a playoff loss. They finally released him on Monday after a season of below-average performance.During seven seasons with Cincinnati, Burfict was repeatedly suspended by the NFL for egregious hits and violating its policy on performance-enhancers. He was fined regularly for hits that crossed the line, most notably the one to Brown’s head that helped the Steelers rally for an 18-16 playoff win in the 2015 season.Through it all, the Bengals stood solidly behind the linebacker and gave him contract extensions. His significant fall-off in performance last season led them to finally cut ties.“As we continue to build our roster for the 2019 season, we felt it best to give both the team and Vontaze a fresh start,” new Bengals coach Zac Taylor said. “Vontaze has been a good player here — the team appreciates that Womens C.J. Uzomah Jersey , and I know a lot of fans appreciate that — but our focus is on the future.”Burfict, 28, was suspended for the first four games last season for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancers, his third straight season with a suspension. A hip injury and concussions limited him to seven games with only 33 tackles, no sacks and no interceptions, by far the worst performance of his career.Owner Mike Brown and former coach Marvin Lewis had defended Burfict through all his misdeeds, while he still made an impact on the field. Lewis was fired after a 6-10 finish last season Carl Lawson Jersey White , the Bengals’ third straight losing season, and now Burfict is gone, too.Nobody was willing to draft him out of Arizona State, where he repeatedly drew personal foul penalties. Burfict wrote a letter to NFL teams, and the Bengals — known for giving troubled players extra chances — brought him aboard for the 2012 season.He was their best defensive player and one of the league’s most controversial players, often in the middle of scrums and shoving matches.In 2015, he missed the first six games while recovering from knee surgery and Womens Ryan Glasgow Jersey , in his return, led the Bengals to a 16-10 win in Pittsburgh. His tackle on Le’Veon Bell resulted in the running back tearing a knee ligament, adding fuel to the rivalry.During their first-round playoff game at Paul Brown Stadium, Burfict’s hit on Brown moved the Steelers in range for the winning field goal in the final seconds. Cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones also got a 15-yard penalty after the play, making it an easy kick.The NFL suspended Burfict for the first three games in 2016 as a result of his numerous egregious hits, including the one on Brown. The Bengals defended him and stuck with him.Burfict was suspended again for the first three games in 2017 for an egregious hit during a preseason game. He got a three-year contract extension during the suspension, a sign of the Bengals’ attachment to him.During his career in Cincinnati Hardy Nickerson Jersey , Burfict had 8½ sacks and five interceptions. He made the Pro Bowl in 2013.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 25.07.2019 - 02:25:03

Rod Wood thinks Martha Ford is more proactive than her husband was."Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford has not said much publicly since inheriting the team in 2014 following the death of her husband William Clay Ford. Her reputation Damon Harrison Jersey , therefore, has been somewhat muted.However, just a year into her reign, she made big, sweeping changes to the team. Following a 1-7 start, she fired both team president Tom Lewand and general manager Martin Mayhew. Many believed that was a sign she was a little more proactive than her predecessor, seeing as her husband allowed someone like Matt Millen to stay employed for nearly eight seasons despite the team going through one of the worst stretches in NFL history.Rod Wood, the person who assumed Lewand’s job as team president, believes that’s exactly the case. Speaking at a fan event this week, Wood gave high praise for the Lions’ owner (via Fox 17 West Michigan through Dave Birkett):“I think Mrs. Ford is a very different owner than her husband and has a lot less patience and a lot less tolerance for mediocrity Ricky Jean Francois Jersey , which is why we’ve made some of the changes that we’ve made,” Wood said.Of course, Wood isn’t exactly the most impartial of observers, seeing as Mrs. Ford was the one who hired him. However, he had been working with the Ford family for eight years prior to his hiring to the Detroit Lions organization and likely knew William Clay Sr. quite well. This is a somewhat interesting—albeit completely useless—piece of information regarding Kerryon Johnson and Trey Flowers: Yahoo Sports’ Eric Edholm compiled the 10 worst draft classes since the year 2000. The Detroit Lions show up exactly ZERO TIMES on the list. Even in Edholm’s honorable mentions, the Lions don’t make an appearance. Darius Slay’s wife, Jennifer, is the best wife he could ask for: The Draft Network’s Brad Kelly broke down his favorite and least favorite picks from the Lions’ 2019 draft class, concluding with his overall grade. Who here ordered a dozen GIFs of T.J. Hockenson, now available for use on Twitter? One 53-man roster prediction not enough for you today? Scott Warheit of Lions Wire has one Christian Jones Jersey , too. The Lions added a second corner in free agency, but should he start next season?"The Detroit Lions stayed active after the first wave of NFL free agency last month. While many were winding down after the exciting signings of Trey Flowers, Jesse James and Justin Coleman the Lions went out and added former Oakland Raiders cornerback Rashaan Melvin on a one-year deal worth just over $2 million. Melvin played in 14 games last season, getting a starting designation in seven of them. The corner intercepted one pass and defended nine others in 2018, but the box score does not tell you a thing about the kind of campaign he had. His 2018 season was a disaster. Melvin consistently seemed like he was a step behind the competition last season. He was slow both mentally and physically and often looked as though he did not even belong on the same field as many of the other players. The corner was almost always in the wrong position and never reacted quick enough to get himself in place to make a play. Melvin seems to only be able to run in a straight line and had trouble when the receiver uses any sort of double move or change of direction. This leaves him vulnerable when the receiver he is matched up against has a good release at the line of scrimmage, like Jarvis Landry of the Cleveland Browns.via GfycatLandry takes two steps outside before quickly cutting back and attacking Melvin inside. In only a few steps the receiver has managed to beat the corner, and if not for a misplaced pass by Baker Mayfield, the play would have resulted in a Browns touchdown. He also struggles at keeping up with receivers when they stem their routes well. via GfycatThe corner is playing in off-coverage on this play and picks up a receiver lined up bunched inside. Cleveland’s receiver runs directly at Melvin, attacking the pre-snap cushion he gives. He does not do anything too fancy and quickly head fakes inside before breaking his route outside to easily get open for a big gain.These issues arise because Melvin also struggles to mirror the routes of his opponent in man coverage. He often gets turned all the way around too easily and allows receivers to enter his blind spot. This makes it easy for receivers to take advantage of him for huge gains, like the Denver Broncos’ Emmanuel Sanders did here: via GfycatMelvin is lined up split wide against Sanders. The receiver begins to run a slant route Devon Kennard Jersey , attacking the corner’s inside shoulder. In trying to keep up, Melvin opens up too much inside, and Sanders quickly flips his hips and breaks back outside. He gets the corner turned around, and Sanders is easily able to get into acres of space behind him for an easy open catch and a big gain. While all above the above plays happened in man coverage, his struggles existed in zone coverage as well. He consistently reacted late to receivers entering his zone and was rarely able to close off receivers in his area when he was targeted. He physically did not have the quickness to control his zone, and he mentally did not have the awareness and reaction time.via GfycatThe Raiders drop back into deep thirds on this play, with Melvin responsible for the far side third. Denver attacks it well, running an in route on Melvin’s side to pull the corner away from the boundary, and a deep-in on the other end to exploit the room he vacates.Oakland’s safety carries the deeper receiver all the way up to Melvin, and then attempts to hand him off in coverage. The corner is late to realize a receiver is about to enter his zone—his teammate even points on his man for him—and gives up a deep catch. He was both slow to recognize what the offense was doing and slow to react on this play. There is not really anything positive to pull from Melvin’s 2018 season. He was poor in both man and zone coverage. He was poor in both off and press coverage. His tackling was not great and he did not provide much support against the run either.About halfway through watching some of Melvin’s 2018 film Will Harris Detroit Lions Jersey , I decided to jump back to his 2017 film when he was with the Indianapolis Colts. Personally, I remember Melvin as a replacement-level corner for the Colts, so watching his 2018 film was shocking. While his 2017 film showed a lot more to be excited about, some of the same issues we saw in 2018 existed. Melvin was often a second late reacting in coverage and still did get beaton double moves a little more often than one would like. He was not as much of a liability, though, and I did chart at least a few positive plays from him. In 2017, Melvin was a below-average cover corner who struggled to play the ball. In 2018, there were times where it felt like a traffic cone may have been a better defender.So why did Detroit sign him?While the question initially posed asks whether Melvin will be a formidable starter in 2019, he may not even be a lock to make the roster. Detroit could give the corner the entire preseason to fight for a job, and if he does not show enough improvement this summer Will Harris Jersey 2019 ,they can move on while carrying on just $700,000 in dead cap.Similar to the DeShawn Shead signing in 2018, Detroit has brought in a veteran corner on his last legs and given him one last chance to prove himself. Similar to Shead, many believe that he is a lock to make the 53-man roster, while that may not be the case at all.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 25.07.2019 - 03:11:40

Packers at Raiders Elgton Jenkins Green Bay Packers Jersey , Preseason 2018: Second half game updates & discussion The Green Bay Packers and Oakland Raiders are locked in an ugly preseason game this evening. At halftime, the score of the game is 3-3.Both teams had chances to get in the end zone in the first half, with the Packers arguably having the best opportunities. On the team’s first offensive drive Elgton Jenkins Jersey 2019 , Lance Kendricks was unable to come up with a catchable ball for a touchdown on a throw from Brett Hundley early, forcing the Packers to settle for their field goal. Late in the second quarter, rookie cornerback Josh Jackson intercepted a pass and took it to the house Elgton Jenkins Jersey Mens , but the play was called back on a holding penalty by Herb Waters.The Raiders crossed midfield multiple times on their own, but the Packers got an interception from fellow rookie Jaire Alexander and a missed 49-yard field goal attempt from Raiders kicker Mike Nugent that helped keep them to three points. Join us for the second half here.Game Updates from APC StaffA Twitter List by acmepackingco Game Updates from Packers MediaA Twitter List by TexWestern The Browns don’t have a spot for defensive lineman Brian Price on their active roster, but they don’t want to see him leave town for another team.Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the team has given Price a weekly raise of nearly $30 Youth Elgton Jenkins Jersey ,000 in order to keep him from signing with another team. Price’s salary has reportedly gone from聽$7,600 a week to $37,058 after the Packers and Cowboys showed interest in signing him.Price spent time with each of those teams in the past and it would be the second time that Dallas has been thwarted in an attempt to re-acquire Price this month. The team intended to bring Price back after he was cut on the way to 53 players White Elgton Jenkins Jersey , but the Raiders claimed him off of waivers.Price played one game for the Raiders before being waived and he signed with the Browns a little over a week ago. He had eight tackles in eight games for the Cowboys last season.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 25.07.2019 - 03:58:58

The Houston Texans waited 10 months to celebrate a victory.So when Sunday's wild game ended Youth Cullen Gillaspia Jersey , they let it all out.Players mobbed kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn after he made a 37-yard field goal in overtime, jumping up and down before leaving Indianapolis with a wild 37-34 victory to end the league's longest losing streak at nine."We're all happy about it, no doubt," linebacker Whitney Mercilus said. "We finally got a 'W' after being 0-3 for a while. So, I think things are starting to click. Starting to play some complementary football. And so, that's where this momentum is."It's wasn't just three games.Houston (1-3) hadn't won since Nov. 19, hadn't won on the road since Sept. 14, 2017 White Cullen Gillaspia Jersey , and couldn't even beat the Colts last season without Andrew Luck.This season, the frustration grew as they lost at New England by seven, at Tennessee by three and at home to the New York Giants by five. Then Sunday, they blew a 28-7 lead to Luck's Colts and two more chances to win 鈥?on Fairbairn's 59-yard field goal on the second-to-last play and on their first possession of overtime when a strong drive stalled and Fairbairn made a 29-yard field goal to tie the score at 31 with 1:50 to play.And just when it appeared Houston's winless streak might continue, the Colts went for the win on fourth-and-4 from their 43-yard line. The Texans got the stop they needed and three plays later, Fairbairn made the winning kick 鈥?after Indy called timeout just before he missed the kick wide right."It took longer than it needed to," defensive end J.J. Watt said after recording two more sacks to give him 80 in his career. "Very, very tiring Xavier Crawford Houston Texans Jersey , but we found a way. It's a wild game, there at the end and there was a whole lot going on. Man, I respect their decision to go for it there at the end, go for the win instead of the tie."Indy (1-3) has lost two straight and all three losses came with the Colts having chances to take the lead in the final 2 minutes.They've just kept coming up short."We've got to execute. I've got to play better," Luck said. "I've got to throw a better ball. We all know where we have to improve."IN SYNCDeshaun Watson and his receivers certainly were in sync Sunday.Watson was 29 of 42 with 375 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He also ran six times for 41 yards and his first rushing TD of the season.Hopkins caught 10 passes for 169 yards and one score while Keke Coutee broke Andre Johnson's franchise record for receptions in an NFL debut. Coutee caught 11 passes for 109 yards. Johnson caught six passes in his first game.SHORT-TERM PROBLEMThe Colts initially lined up for their fourth-down play to try and draw Houston offside. When they didn't, Indy called timeout and coach Frank Reich made the decision to go for the first down and the win with a short, seemingly safe pass on fourth-and-4.But Luck was missing his favorite target Xavier Crawford Jersey 2019 , T.Y. Hilton, who was out with a hamstring injury, and his pass was too low for Chester Rogers.The bigger problem is that Indy now visits New England on Thursday, presumably without Hilton."Probably not, probably not good, I mean with the hamstring on a short week," Reich said.DEFNSIVE TURNAROUNDHouston's trademark defense also appears to have been rejuvenated. The Texans finished with four sacks against Luck and forced him to fumble twice, recovering one. Jadeveon Clowney scored his second career touchdown by recovering a fumble in the end zone on a botched snap from center Ryan Kelly.Indy had only 107 yards in the first half Color Rush Xavier Crawford Jersey , 40 coming on Hilton's first catch.While Luck led the Colts back from a 28-7 deficit to force overtime and Indy took a 34-31 lead on Adam Vinatieri's 44-yard field goal, the defense stiffened one last time when Houston needed it most.MILESTONE DAYVinatieri became the NFL's career leader in field goals when he made a 42-yarder with 2 seconds left in the first half to make it 21-10. Hall of Famer Morten Andersen held the previous mark at 565.Vinatieri extended the record to 567 with his overtime field goal and now heads back to New England, where he started his career, needing one field-goal attempt to move past Gary Anderson for No. 2 all-time. He also needs 26 points to break Morten Andersen's career scoring record (2,544).But he would have preferred extending his league record for victories (226)."It's weird, you know, you come off a loss and it doesn't feel quite the same way," he said. "I'm sure I'll look back at in years to come and it will be pretty special." This week I posed the following questions:Based on Tyrann Mathieu’s 2018 performance as a Houston Texan to this point Cheap Xavier Crawford Jersey , do you...1 - ...want the Texans to re-sign him, assuming his contract will be in the upper-tier of guaranteed money for a safety (and regardless of his play, you KNOW this will be a requirement for his agent, at least as a starting point); and 2 - ...think the Texans actually WILL bring Mathieu back?Let’s see how the Masthead reacted, starting with my own thoughts.Chris:Titan Matt WestonCapt. Ron:BFmf’nD:Rivers McCown:Luke Beggs:Kenneth:Mike BullockJeremy Brener:Great discussion from the Masthead.I’m sure YOU have opinions as well.Put those bad boys in the comments section below, and feel free to tweet Tyrann Mathieu @Mathieu_Era to let him know we are all up in his business; I know he’s keeping an eye out for folks who don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.Honey Badger has the red-ass like that, which is one of the reasons I love the guy.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 26.07.2019 - 02:03:38

The Bengals have already requested a few NFL coaches from outside Cincinnati to replace Marvin Lewis as their head coach Rodney Anderson Jersey 2019 , and Josh McDaniels figured to be one of their top outside targets. However, McDaniels denied an interview request from the Bengals, and now, it appears he won’t be a head coach for anyone in 2019.McDaniels is the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach with the New England Patriots. He was trained by Bill Belichick and started his career on defense. He has been with Patriots for all five of their Super Bowl titles and was the Patriots offensive coordinator when they set the NFL record for touchdowns back in 2007. He had one previous stint as head coach of the Denver Broncos, which went poorly on and off the field.Still, there was reason to believe McDaniels and the Bengals could be a logical fit. McDaniels is an Ohio native and son of Thom McDaniels, who is in the Ohio High School Coaches Hall of Fame. The younger McDaniels played quarterback at Canton McKinley and wide receiver at John Carroll. After a brief stint working for Nick Saban at Michigan State, McDaniels cut his teeth in coaching as an assistant working the New England Patriots defensive backs. A year after taking over as the team’s quarterback coach, he was calling plays. With McDaniels as offensive coordinator in 2007, the Patriots scored an NFL record 75 touchdowns on the way to a 16-0 regular season. After that season Color Rush Rodney Anderson Jersey , Belichick gave McDaniels his treatise on what is takes to be a head coach and regularly discussed it with him. In 2008, the Patriots lost Tom Brady for the season, but still managed to win 11 games. McDaniels was the head coach of the Denver Broncos for two seasons, going 8-8 in his first season and 3-9 before being let go during his second season. After a quick stint with the Rams, he resumed his duties with the Patriots, where he’s been ever since.But while McDaniels has a lot of fanfare, there is legitimate concern on if he’s cut out to be a head coach for a team that doesn’t have arguably the best NFL quarterback of all time. The first red flag is what happened with the Indianapolis Colts last offseason. McDaniels agreed to become the head coach of the Colts, but because he was still coaching in the playoffs, he could not officially sign the deal. The Colts proceeded to start signing some of McDaniels’ assistants before he eventually turned the job down. This would naturally make any team weary of McDaniels.McDaniels previously removed his name from head coaching searches, and as a result Cheap Rodney Anderson Jersey , Belichick taught him about being a head coach. This, along with Belichick’s age, has led many to believe that McDaniels may essentially be the head-coach-in-waiting in New England. Perhaps this is why he’s not interested in leaving.Another issue with McDaniels is that he has been a head coach before and was unsuccessful. Not only did he have an 11-17 record over less than two seasons, he made some bad headlines when it was alleged that he was trying to trade Jay Cutler and later filming an opponent’s walkthrough. Finally, Belichick has had great success as a head coach, but his assistant have not, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis both stumbled when they stepped out of Belichick’s shadow. Bill O’Brien struggled last season, but seems to be breaking that mold with the Houston Texans. It should be noted however that O’Brien had significant experience outside of the Belichick system whereas McDaniels has next to none. Still, McDaniels has been a key part over every Patriots Super Bowl victory, and he was a record-setting offensive coordinator. Belichick’s proteges have not generally fared well Rodney Anderson Jersey Womens , but this time it could be different. McDaniels’ first stint as a head coach came with controversy and a quarterback issue. With that experience under his belt, along with all Belichick giving him more insight into his coaching philosophy than he has given any other coach, McDaniels could be the guy to turn a franchise around. But it won’t be the Bengals or any other team, at least in 2019. On to other candidates.Steelers at Bengals injury report: John Ross and William Jackson are questionable Update: Bengals wide receiver John Ross is not expected to play against the Steelers on Sunday in Cincinnati, according to Ian Rapoport.This is bad news for the Bengals who could greatly use Ross on the field. William Jackson III’s status is unknown as the cornerback is still questionable to play.The Bengals will have several players that are game-time decisions on Sunday when the Steelers come to town. On Friday, the team declared John Ross (groin), William Jackson (knee) and Cedric Ogbuehi (wrist) as questionable to play this week. The team also ruled out Billy Price (foot), Giovani Bernard (knee) and Tyler Kroft (foot).Of this group, Jackson would easily be the biggest loss. He was instrumental in shutting down All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown in two matchups with Pittsburgh in 2017. If Jackson is out, that puts a lot more pressure on a struggling Bengals defense to contain one of the best players in football.As for Ross Rodney Anderson Cincinnati Bengals Jersey , he’s still dealing with a groin injury that has him very iffy to play this week. Having him to stretch the defense would be big, and it was evident last week against Miami that the offense wasn’t quite the same without the threat of Ross to stretch the field. Ogbuehi was likely going to be a healthy scratch, so him being out due to injury is no loss. On Pittsburgh’s side, wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (ankle) and safety Morgan Burnett (groin) have been ruled out, while linebacker L.J. Fort (ankle) is listed as doubtful for Sunday.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 26.07.2019 - 02:36:05

After a listless home loss this past weekend Matthew Stafford Jersey , Detroit defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois called out his team."I just want everybody to lock back in. Lock in for these next 10 weeks, just lock in," Jean Francois said after Sunday's 28-14 loss to Seattle."Leave everything else alone outside of this building. I know you love your family, but tell them you will see them in February. Just lock in and do your job, nothing else is important to us right now."Time will tell whether Sunday's loss becomes a galvanizing moment for the Lions, but the frustration was understandable.For three straight seasons, Detroit has won between seven and nine games, and its fans have experienced occasional optimism followed by quick letdowns.After losing to Seattle, the Lions are again in a tough spot — alone in last place in the NFC North, heading into road games against Minnesota and Chicago."I think all of our process every single week as we move through the season here Darius Slay Jersey , it has to improve," said Matt Patricia, Detroit's first-year coach."Everything does. The season gets harder as you go on and the process has to get better each and every week. So, we have to make sure we're doing that to the highest level."The Lions lost their first two games of the season but showed an appropriate amount of urgency after that, scrambling back to the .500 mark. They appeared to have fixed their long-dormant running game, and the home game against the Seahawks looked like another opportunity to show progress.Instead, Detroit (3-4) allowed three touchdowns in the second quarter and never recovered."We came out flat with no focus. We just weren't ready to go again," Jean Francois said. "That team came off that bus ready to go. They were ready to execute everything, they were ready to put their skills on display. We just came out there and weren't focused at all against this team and that's the weird part."Running back Ameer Abdullah, who fumbled while returning a kickoff Marvin Jones Jersey , shared similar sentiments afterward."It's a long season, sometimes you kind of hit a cruise control and you forget the little things you do every single day," Abdullah said. "Like same foot, same shoulder, ball security, hold tight, stuff like that. But you have to continue to focus on that stuff as the season goes on."Beyond the intangible notions of focus and intensity, the Lions were outperformed statistically as well. Seattle had a 176-34 edge in rushing — a step back for a Detroit team that ran for 248 yards in a win at Miami the previous weekend.The Lions fell behind 21-7 in the second quarter, and that probably played a role in the rushing disparity. Detroit finished the game with only 13 attempts on the ground."I think we talked about it all week last week about how good they are in the run game. They do a good job of loading the box and just put themselves in some really good positions to make some plays," Patricia said Monday."We have to execute a little bit better and obviously just try to get some more positive plays in the run game going earlier in the game and be able to stay with it and control the game from that aspect of it."Detroit also turned the ball over three times against Seattle Kerryon Johnson Jersey , so the Lions have had eight turnovers in their losses to the Seahawks and Jets, but only two in their five other games.But two of Detroit's turnovers Sunday came in the fourth quarter when the team was already facing a double-digit deficit. The game began to slip away long before then."They out-executed us in all three phases last night and we did not execute up to par," Patricia said. "I just have to do a better job coaching and we have to do a better job of playing."New England Patriots will be missing 3 defensive starters vs. Detroit Lions The Detroit Lions may not only catch a break with Darius Slay, who has reportedly cleared concussion protocol making him eligible (but not certain) to play Sunday night, but the New England Patriots’ injury situation could also help Detroit’s chances on Sunday.Late Saturday night, the Patriots downgraded three defensive starters to OUT, confirming that they will not play. Defensive end Trey Flowers, safety Patrick Chung and cornerback Eric Rowe will all miss “Sunday Night Football.”For Chung and Flowers, this doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Much like Slay, both suffered concussions last game Amani Oruwariye Detroit Lions Jersey , but neither participated in a single practice this week. Rowe is a bit of a surprise. The Patriots’ No. 2 cornerback was limited in practice all week with a groin issue and listed as questionable—while the other two were “doubtful.” The Patriots’ defense has been struggling through two games. They’ve allowed 25.5 points per game (18th) and 5.8 yards per play (21st). Now they’ll be without their best pass rusher in Flowers, one of their best defensive backs in Chung, and some key cornerback depth in Rowe. Last week, the Jaguars were able to take advantage of these injuries and Blake Bortles finished with 376 yards, four touchdowns and an interception.Matthew Stafford and the Lions offense haven’t clicked yet in 2018, but Sunday night is the perfect opportunity for them to get out of their slump. With Detroit coming into the game fairly healthy, there will be no more excuses for the sluggish starts and the numerous turnovers. We’ll see if they can rise to the occasion Sunday night.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 26.07.2019 - 03:11:20

One of the draft’s top pass-rushers said he will be in Green Bay for a pre-draft visit."Montez Sweat recently posted one of the best performances ever by an edge rusher or defensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine. The Mississippi State product — who moved over to the defense after being a former tight end recruit at Michigan State — is meeting with NFL teams and media at the Bulldogs’ Pro Day on Wednesday as he continues to gain traction near the tops of draft boards.The Green Bay Packers are also apparently very interested in Sweat Womens Reggie White Jersey , who told NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero that the Packers are one of the teams that has scheduled a pre-draft visit with him.Sweat’s 4.41-second 40-yard dash in Indianapolis was the fastest on record for a player in the defensive end group. He also tested above the 75th percentile among edge rushers in every movement test in Indy, doing so at an impressive 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds:Interestingly, Sweat put up those numbers after his medical checks at the Combine revealed a minor heart condition. However, the league doctors still cleared him to work out after those examinations, and NFL teams seem largely unconcerned about the condition.In addition to his testing results, Sweat’s production in Starkville and his experience in a hybrid scheme should intrigue teams up and down the draft. He recorded 10.5 sacks as a junior before notching 12 more as a senior last year Womens Davante Adams Jersey , while Mississippi State used him from both a two- and three-point rushing stance. All of these factors have combined to give Sweat legitimate buzz as a potential top-ten draft selection.For now, this is the first word we have of a player taking an official pre-draft visit to Green Bay. APC will continue to monitor reports of Top-30 visits leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft, which will be held from April 25th to 27th. The Green Bay Packers currently hold a record of 2-1-1, sitting in second place in the NFC North and trailing the Chicago Bears by a half-game. That tie could very well come back to be a problem for someone at the end of the season, but for now Green Bay is just hoping to match Chicago in the win column.On deck for the Packers is a divisional game in Detroit, where Matthew Stafford and a talented group of receivers await. Green Bay’s receiving corps is dealing with injuries to every veteran player http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-aaron-rodgers-jersey , however, so Aaron Rodgers will likely be throwing to the team’s rookie wideouts early and often on Sunday.Still, APC is confident in the Packers’ ability to defeat the 1-3 Lions, and it’s a clean sweep for our contributors in this week’s picks.Week 5 PicksGameTexJasonPeterKrisBobJon MJordanMatubMikePaulShawnWendiZachAPC PickGameTexJasonPeterKrisBobJon MJordanMatubMikePaulShawnWendiZachAPC PickNow to our standings update. Matub had a stellar week in week 4, going 12-3 and leading the pack with a few individuals finishing at 11-4. That now pulls him into a tie with Jon Meerdink, who went 10-5 last week to keep his overall hit rate steady at 0.667. Jason’s 9-6 record in week 4 leaves him one game back overall in third place.FanPulse Game PicksAPC FanPulse Pick: Packers win by 7Pride of Detroit FanPulse Pick: Packers win by 2Vegas point spread: Packers favored by 1.5Both Packers and Lions fans are seeing a Green Bay win this week at Ford Field as well. Predictably Womens Antonio Morrison Jersey , Green Bay fans think the Packers will win by a bigger margin than Detroit fans, with the difference being about five points when comparing the two. Both look at the Packers as a good bet to beat the point spread, with Lions fans coming in just over the spread on average.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 26.07.2019 - 03:51:40

Jadeveon Clowney a big influence on rookie Charles Omenihu."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Red Zone Play2019 NFL DraftRed Zone Play: Texans Role Model? New Womens Jeff Allen Jersey ,3commentsJadeveon Clowney a big influence on rookie Charles Omenihu.CDTShareTweetShareShareRed Zone Play: Texans Role Model? Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsBorn in the Houston area, a product of Rowlett High School in Dallas, and then the University of Texas, sports management major Charles Omenihu chose to wear the number 90 at UT because of his idol, Jadeveon Clowney. Now, having been drafted by the Houston Texans in last month’s NFL lotto, Omenihu gets to stand shoulder to shoulder with his idol and get after opposing quarterbacks. And just like Clowney, Omenihu has a hunger to get better. Austin American Statesman:Burnt Orange Nation”This patience and drive also paid dividends at the Senior Bowl and NFL combine:While some question his ability to ever be anything more than average at the NFL level, Omenihu doesn’t want to hear it. His physical traits create a great platform to build on, especially in the shadow of J.J. Watt, Whitney Mercilus and Clowney. Ft. Worth Star Telegram:While many are decrying Houston’s lack of an interior pass rush and even advocating for bringing in a player like Ndamakuong Suh (hardly a guy who’s ever been interested in being the best teammate he can be), when Houston has Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, Duke Ejiofor and now Omenihu, chances are setting the edge won’t be an issue. Omenihu http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-arian-foster-jersey , a first generation American whose parents immigrated from Nigeria, will need to put in a lot of work to rise to the next level. Blowing up offensive linemen in the Big 12 is one thing; doing it in the NFL is quite another. Where do you see him eventually landing? As another Texans great along the edge or just a guy who contributes from time to time? HOUSTON (AP) — DeAndre Hopkins believes if a ball comes near him he should catch it.“That’s been my mindset since I’ve been playing football,” he said. “Defense, offense, basketball as well, the ball’s in the air, it’s mine.”That belief has led to some amazing catches, and lately he seems to make at least one a game. All of which has helped the Texans turn around their season and leave them one win from clinching the AFC South.His latest great grab came on in the fourth quarter on Saturday on a 14-yard reception that was the go-ahead score in Houston’s 29-22 win over the Jets. New York cornerback Morris Claiborne stayed with Hopkins throughout that route and even got an arm between his on the play. But Hopkins was still able to come down with the ball.“I felt like as good as I played it from the line of scrimmage it was perfect,” Claiborne said. “When you get perfect coverage like that from the line of scrimmage all the way to the end zone and guys come up with those type of balls, you take your hat off to them.”After the play Hopkins said Claiborne looked at him and said: ‘Man I don’t know how you caught it.’It’s a sentiment Hopkins hears often and said top defensive backs such as Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey have said similar things after some of his catches.Hopkins is a favorite target of second-year quarterback Deshaun Watson and he raved about his ability to catch most anything thrown his way.“I try to be as perfect as I can, but for him, he just says: ‘just get it in his area, he’s going to come down with it,'” Watson said. “That’s what I try to do, just throw it in his catch-radius, and majority of the time he’s going to take it down. It helps me out big time.”Hopkins has reached 1 Jadeveon Clowney Jersey White ,300 yards receiving for the second straight year and the third time in his career, and his 1,321 yards rank third in the NFL. He has 11 touchdown receptions, which are tied for the second most in his career behind the 13 he grabbed last season.Though he’s happy about his success, he’s far more excited about how the team is doing, with the Texans winning 10 of their past 11 games after a 0-3 start.“If I had 50 catches and 500 yards I would feel like this is my best season because my team is in this position to do more than we’ve ever done before,” he said. “So for me team success first.”And despite his success, Hopkins never stops striving to improve. He admits to watching footage of his work, but said that he also devotes a good chunk of time to viewing catches made by former Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, whom he refers to by his nickname “Megatron.”“I watch my highlights a lot, but I watch Megatron highlights too just because he made great catches like that,” Hopkins said. “It motivates me before the games just seeing a great dude go out there and just do it effortlessly.”During these film sessions Hopkins not only watches his big catches, he also dissects the catches that he didn’t make.“I always feel like I can be better. I feel like I can do better,” he said. “I feel like I can make better catches.”Hopkins is a very confident player, but he’s careful not to sound boastful. No matter what players do to try and slow him down he puts pressure on himself to do more to come away with the catch.“I’ve been stopped before from making those catches or I might have stopped myself sometimes,” he said. “So I feel like it’s me more so than the defender. That’s just like the role that I put on myself and the pressure http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-shane-lechler-jersey , no matter what DB is out there it’s my ball. I don’t want to say a DB can’t guard me, but I still feel like I can catch it.”Houston cornerback Johnathan Joseph, a 13-year NFL veteran, has covered Hopkins for years in practice and shakes his head when asked what someone can do to keep him from making a catch.“You can’t do anything,” Joseph said. “He’s an exceptional talent. He’s got rare hand-eye coordination to catch the ball so … it’s one of those things that in the game it’s almost impossible.”Hopkins has been making nifty catches throughout his six-year NFL career, which often leads him to be asked which one is his favorite. Because he’s always outdoing himself, the answer often changes and on Thursday it took him a few seconds to come up with an answer.He exhaled sharply and rubbed his long and lean hands together for a bit before coming to a conclusion.“The Dolphins catch between the legs,” he finally said. “I’m going to go with that.”That catch came earlier this season when he reached back and grabbed the ball with one hand and weaved it between his legs in the air before crashing to the ground. But it actually wasn’t a catch at all because he was called for pass interference.Despite not counting, that play was the talk of the locker room after the win and had many of his teammates wondering, as they often do, how he possibly came down with it.While he wows teammates and defenders alike with such feats as that non-catch and his huge grab last week, does he still get excited when he makes plays like that or is it simply another day at the office for the 26 year old?“Sometimes I surprise myself, just like darn I did that? (But) I feel like just go out and be better and do more,” he said.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 30.07.2019 - 01:22:46

CINCINNATI (AP) — Hue Jackson was talking to reporters outside Paul Brown Stadium when quarterback Andy Dalton yelled at him that practice was about to begin.Just like old times.The former Bengals offensive coordinator is back in town http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-mark-walton-jersey , though this time dabbling in the other side of the playbook — well, mostly. How that part plays out is an interesting subplot as the Bengals (5-4) make one final push to save their at-risk season. An unusual coaching arrangement for desperate times."It's a unique situation for a lot of us," linebacker Preston Brown said.A 51-14 loss to the Saints — the third straight game in which Cincinnati has given up 500 yards — set things in motion. Head coach Marvin Lewis fired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin on Monday and installed himself in the dual role of coach and coordinator.He also called his unemployed close friend to see if he was interested in returning for a third stint in Cincinnati as a special assistant on defense. Jackson was fired by the Browns two weeks earlier after winning three games in three seasons.Jackson was hoping the Bengals would reach out to him."This is a tremendous opportunity for me, and I'm just thankful that they said, ‘You come on home,'" Jackson said.So, now what?Lewis built his coaching reputation as a defensive coordinator, directing the Ravens defense that won the Super Bowl in the 2000 season. He's decided to go back to his roots as a coordinator while also functioning as head coach — a challenge that few would undertake."There's a lot," Lewis said Wednesday.He spent Tuesday night at home scripting defensive plays. He then led the team meeting on Wednesday morning and presided over the defensive meeting, simplifying things and pulling out a few plays from his past."He had a different PowerPoint," Brown said. "He had a really small font, so it was kind of hard to take notes. But it was cool having him up there. You can tell he was having fun."We did a lot of things — old plays he was calling in 2015, '14 Womens Clint Boling Jersey , stuff I haven't seen yet. So he was bringing back some plays."Lewis isn't sure how it will play out Sunday in Baltimore (4-5), a game the Bengals need to win to stay in the AFC North race. Jackson is providing input for the defensive game plan and will be on the sideline helping Lewis manage the defense, though their game-day roles haven't been defined.One thing is clear: Jackson won't be dabbling in the offense. Not for now, anyway.Asked if Jackson would do anything with the offense, Lewis said emphatically, "No. Separate from the offense."Jackson was the Bengals' offensive coordinator when Dalton had his best season in 2015. He left to take Cleveland's head coaching job after the season. His return could create an awkward dynamic on the coaching staff.Jackson said that offensive coordinator Bill Lazor came to his office at Paul Brown Stadium to greet him. Jackson said he'd be glad to offer an opinion if Lazor asks, but he's going to be careful not to trespass on other coaches' areas.He knows that adding a newcomer midseason can work both ways."It can be impactful, but it can also hurt, too," Jackson said. "And I get that. I just have to play my role, to the best of my ability. I don't want to do anything to upset anything that they have going on here. But at the same time if I can help, I do want to help."A DOZEN INJUREDSeven players were held out of practice because of injuries Wednesday and five more were limited. The defense has been hit particularly hard.LB Preston Brown (knee), CB Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion) Tyler Boyd Jersey White , LB Nick Vigil (knee) and DT Adolphus Washington (knee) didn't practice. LB Vontaze Burfict (hip), CB Darqueze Dennard (shoulder) and LB Vincent Rey (groin) were limited.WR A.J. Green is out indefinitely with an injured toe. WR John Ross was limited because of a groin injury.STADIUM UPDATEThe Bengals and Hamilton Country agreed in principle Wednesday on a plan to add parking and a music venue outside Paul Brown Stadium, and to repair and upgrade the 19-year-old stadium. The Bengals retain the right to build a cover over one of their adjacent practice fields, though they would have to pay for it. The team said there are no immediate plans to cover a field. The Bengals use the University of Cincinnati's covered field on wintry days. EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — George Iloka had just sat down to eat with his wife when the call came from his agent.The Cincinnati Bengals were letting him go. So much for that quiet day off. So much for all that time in training camp perfecting the scheme. So much for the only NFL team he’d ever played for.“But that’s the business. That’s what we kind of signed up for. Things happen. At the end of the day, you’re just a number for the most part,” Iloka said.Fortunately for Iloka, his first defensive coordinator was interested in a reunion. The Vikings signed Iloka, a former pupil of coach Mike Zimmer, to a one-year contract on Wednesday to add yet another accomplished player to what was the best defense in the league last season.“I’m comfortable with the system, the playbook. And this is a good team. They were real close last year. They were on the brink of making it to the Super Bowl,” Iloka said after his first practice, about five hours after boarding a plane for Minnesota. “I’m just here to help this team out anyway I can. My relationship with Zim http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-joe-mixon-jersey , this facility, the kind of team that they have made it a no brainer.”The Bengals released Iloka on Sunday to clear $5.3 million in salary cap space and make way for second-round draft pick Jessie Bates III to move into a starting role. Iloka was a fifth-round pick by the Bengals out of Boise State in 2012 and played two seasons in Zimmer’s defense before the coach was hired by the Vikings. Iloka became a starter in his second year and started 76 games for the Bengals, with nine career interceptions. Credited by the team with 230 tackles over that time, Iloka is 10th on the all-time Bengals list in that category.“He’s very smart. He’s a good tackler. He’s going to be where he’s supposed to be all the time. He pretty much knows a lot of the things that we’re doing,” Zimmer said. “Most of the calls we went through today, he knew probably 85 percent of them.”All-Pro Harrison Smith is entrenched at one of the safety spots. Andrew Sendejo has mostly manned the other slot for the last five years, starting 53 games plus three more in the playoffs. He’ll turn 31 on Sept. 9, when the Vikings open the season against San Francisco. Naturally, there’s a question now about whether Sendejo will celebrate that birthday in a purple uniform, considering he’s carrying a $3.5 million salary cap hit. With Anthony Harris and Jayron Kearse, the Vikings have two backups who’ve been in their system for two-plus seasons and contribute significantly on special teams.“This wasn’t a move to replace anyone. This was a move to get as many good players as we can,” Zimmer said. “He became available, so we were fortunate.”That could be more than just coach speak from Zimmer Jessie Bates III Jersey White , who has said previously he’d like to use more of his best players in different positions more often this year to maximize their impact. Smith, for example, could be used in a linebacker spot in certain packages. Veteran cornerback Terence Newman, who played with Iloka with the Bengals, has taken turns at safety.“Honestly, we’re just trying to add good football players,” Zimmer said, “and it’ll all sort out at the end.”That’s just fine with Iloka, who was looking forward to working with the hard-driving Zimmer again.“I grew up in Texas, and that’s how my high school coach was. The linebacker coach at Boise State was the same way,” Iloka said. “I’m used to that style. It doesn’t matter either way. He just has a good defense.”
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 30.07.2019 - 02:19:32

Phil Taylor Womens Andy Dalton Jersey , a first-round pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2011, has announced his retirement from football.“I’d like to thank the NFL and the Cleveland Browns for drafting me,” Taylor wrote in a post on his Twitter page. “It’s been a fun and tough 8 years. I’ve made my home in NE Ohio with my family. I love the Cleveland fans and can’t wait to give back to the community that supported me. I’m officially retiring!”Taylor hasn’t appeared in a regular season NFL game since 2014 with the Browns. Stops with the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins since then have proven unsuccessful as injuries helped to derail his career. He was released as a part of final roster cuts with Washington last September in what became his last bid to make a roster again.Taylor appeared in just 44 games in four seasons with the Browns. He was a member of the 2011 Pro Football Writers’ Association All-Rookie Team after recording 59 tackles and four sacks in the only full 16-game season of his career. Knee injuries ended his 2014 season and kept him out of the NFL for all of 2015. He joined the Broncos in 2018 before a knee injury on the second day of training camp landed him on injured reserve.In perhaps his best chance to restart his career with Washington in 2017, a torn quadriceps ended the comeback in the preseason. He re-signed with the team for 2018 but did not make the roster. The Dolphins have brought former Bengals running back Mark Walton to town for a tryout at rookie minicamp. So why are the Dolphins providing an opportunity to a player who faces pending criminal charges?“I think people deserve a second chance Womens A.J. Green Jersey ,” coach Brian Flores said Saturday, via Joe Schad of the . “I believe that. I think that’s the case. I don’t want to judge people based on one incident. Two incidents. [: Three incidents.] I think it’s a case-by-case situation for a player and for people in general. That’s kind of my stance.”Of course, it’s not like the Dolphins have given Walton a job.“He’s here on a tryout,” Flores said. “Obviously http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-jessie-bates-iii-jersey , talented player. But we want to take a look at him and see if he was a fit for us, on the field and off the field. I think he’s done a good job, really in the one day that he’s been here. So we’ll see how it goes.”Flores said that the organization “discussed” Walton’s pending legal issues.“[A]gain, it’s a tryout Giovani Bernard Jersey White ,” Flores said. “And just that’s kind of part of the process. Getting to know him. And getting to see him on and off the field.”That’s fair, but here’s the point to remember when it comes to second chances for NFL players. With a fixed number of jobs, every player who gets a second chance necessarily takes away someone else’s spot — quite possibly, someone who never did anything that would require a second chance.But talent continues to fuel NFL second chances. If a guy is good (and Walton was good enough to be a fourth-round pick in 2018) Womens Mark Walton Jersey , he gets a second chance. If a guy isn’t good, no second chance.So that’s the key addition to Flores’ stance. “I think people deserve a second chance . . . if they’re talented enough to deserve that second chance.”
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 30.07.2019 - 03:21:37

COLORADO SPRINGS Bart Starr Jersey , Colo. (AP) — Forrest Gregg, the great Hall of Fame lineman for the mighty Green Bay Packers of the 1960s that Vince Lombardi called the “finest player I ever coached,” died Friday at age 85.Barbara Gregg said her husband of 59 years died in Colorado Springs from complications of Parkinson’s disease.“I lost my sweetheart this morning,” she said. “It’s awful. He died in my arms.”She said that in the last two weeks her husband received a constant flow of calls from former teammates and players telling him he’d made such a big difference in their lives.“I’m overwhelmed at the amount of people that loved Forrest, of the number of players that said he made men out of them,” she said. “Forrest loved people. He loved everybody. He loved his children. He loved me. And it just broke my heart. My heart is broken.”She said the funeral will be sometime next week in Colorado Springs and open to the public.Other survivors include their son, Forrest Gregg Jr., of Cincinnati, and daughter, Karen Gregg-Spehar, of Santa Fe, New Mexico.Hall of Fame president David Baker described Gregg, who was enshrined in 1977, as a “giant” who “exemplified greatness during a legendary career.”“He was the type of player who led by example and, in doing so, raised the level of play of all those around him Ray Nitschke Jersey ,” Baker said. “Forrest symbolized many great traits and virtues that can be learned from this game to inspire people from all walks of life.”The flag at the hall will be flown at half-staff in Gregg’s honor.Gregg, who earned the nickname “Iron Man” for playing in a then-record 188 consecutive games during his career, was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in October 2011. He quickly embarked on a campaign to raise public awareness about the incurable disease, urging others to seek treatment early enough to delay the degenerative effects on both the mind and body.His family and his neurologist said the disease may have been related to numerous concussions he suffered during his playing career in the 1950s at SMU, and from 1956-71 with the Packers and Dallas Cowboys.Gregg never blamed football for his health ailments, however. He refused to join concussion lawsuits against the NFL and said he still would have chosen to play the sport if he’d known there would be a hefty price to pay later in life.In an interview with The Associated Press in 2013, Gregg said he didn’t begrudge those who sued the league, but he had his pensions from his playing and coaching days, and “I don’t need anything from anybody but what I earned.”A guard and tackle, Gregg is one of four NFL players to win a-half dozen NFL championships, including the first two Super Bowls with the Packers. Gregg finished his career with another Super Bowl title with the Cowboys in 1971. The six-time All-Pro and nine-time Pro Bowler was elected to the NFL’s all-decade team of the 1960s and to its 75th anniversary team.He went on to coach in the NFL for 11 years with the Browns (1975-77), Bengals (1980-83) and Packers (1984-87).Bengals president Mike Brown on Friday recalled his good friend as one who got the best out of his players.“He was demanding. The players didn’t try to cut corners,” Brown said in a statement. “They went out and did what they had to do, and what we were doing worked. We were somewhat ahead of the curve at the time.”Packers coach Matt LeFleur tweeted a famous photo of a mud-caked Gregg and wrote, “I’d like to extend my deepest sympathies to the family of a true Packers legend, Forrest Gregg. This picture has been hanging in my home office for the last 10 years and serves as a great reminder of what a tough competitor Forrest was.”After playing 15 NFL seasons Dave Robinson Jersey , Gregg won 75 games as an NFL head coach and guided the Bengals to their first Super Bowl during the 1981 season, when they lost 26-21 to Joe Montana and the San Francisco 49ers.Yet, “the finest bunch of players I was ever around,” Gregg told The AP in 2013, “were the courageous kids at SMU” that went just 3-19 from 1989-90.Gregg was hired at his alma mater to restore integrity to an SMU program that was handed the “death penalty” in the mid-1980s for paying players. They went 2-9 in 1989 upon their return and 1-10 the next year, after which Gregg became SMU’s athletic director.“That was one of the most enjoyable times of my football life,” Gregg told The AP. “Those kids restored dignity to the Hilltop.”Going public with his Parkinson’s diagnosis to promote understanding of the disease that affects more than 1 million Americans, “was probably helpful a little bit,” said Dr. Rajeev Kumar of the Rocky Mountain Movement Disorders Center and the Parkinson’s expert who diagnosed Gregg in 2011. “It’s always good when somebody who’s known and respected lends their weight to the importance of research and education.”Gregg suffered countless concussions during his college and pro seasons, and Kumar said those may very well have been the trigger to Parkinson’s, although there’s no way to know for sure.Gregg continued to cast a dignified, larger-than-life presence even as the disease took its toll, stooping his once granite shoulders and turning his booming baritone into a halting whisper over the last few years.In his last interview with The AP he said he hardly recognized the NFL anymore because it was so different from the sport he played and coached. Despite that, his love for the game endured.He lauded commissioner Roger Goodell for making safety a priority and praised the league for enhancing its concussion protocol and cracking down on illegal hits to the head, measures he prayed would lead to less suffering as today’s players age. If I were to bet on it, I’d say the Packers will move off at least one of their selections in the first round at 12 and 30."The Green Bay Packers are well-known for being active trade partners in the NFL Draft in recent years. Former general manager Ted Thompson earned the nickname “Trader Ted” for his frequent moves up and down the draft board. Whether moving out of the first round Reggie White Jersey , as he did multiple times, or sneaking back into round one to grab Clay Matthews, Ted was always looking to find the best opportunities to improve the Packers’ roster on draft weekend.Last year, new GM Brian Gutekunst was active in his own right, particularly early on. After moving back from 14 to 28 in round one, adding an extra first-round pick for 2019, he climbed back up the board to nab cornerback Jaire Alexander with the 18th pick. He then moved up again back into round three to draft linebacker Oren Burks at 88 overall.This year, armed with ten picks — multiple selections in rounds one, four, and six — Gutekunst seems a sure bet to make some moves once again. While it looks unlikely that he will move up from 12, the Packers definitely could try to get back into the late teens or early twenties by packaging the 30th and 75th picks. Then, with a pair of fourths, they could make a play to get back into the latter part of day two.Or how about moving back from 12 a bit, adding some ammunition on day two, and using that to climb up again from 30? It’s all fluid, but in today’s curds Jaire Alexander Jersey , we’ll look at some trade possibilities for next Thursday’s first round, several of which involve the Packers.Who’s the next budding star to pair with Davante Adams? | Packers.comI'm still putting my money on Geronimo Allison to continue the progress he made early last season and have a big breakout year.Packers clearly in the business of upgrading their offensive line | Packersnews.comAs one probably can tell from our decision to pick a lineman for the Packers in the SB Nation Mock Draft yesterday, we agree that the offensive line needs help in this year's draft. The good news is that there should be some good ones available in the first two days of the draft, and if Brian Gutekunst doesn't use one of his first three picks on a lineman, we'll be very surprised.All-Trades 2019 NFL Mock Draft - Bill Barnwell proposes 32 wild deals | ESPNThis is a little crazy, but it posits some trade-down and trade-up options for the Packers. One spot area where they could move up is from 30 to 17, especially if the Giants do grab a quarterback with the 6th pick.NFL schedule 2019: 8 matchups that deserve their own bowl games - SBNation.comObviously, the Packers-Chiefs week 8 game is on this list. There are some other good ones here too, though.NFLPA to Tom Coughlin: Current workouts voluntary - NFL.comCoughlin expressed some displeasure with the fact that a few of the Jaguars did not show up for the start of workouts. Of course, the player's union reminded him that everything between now and minicamp is voluntary, and players are well within their rights to skip the current phase of the program.Botched NFL Draft pick announcements: A running list of the best ever - SBNation.comThese are fun. I had forgotten about the Vince Young screwup. But nothing is worse than the Buccaneers drafting the wrong player in 1982.Florida man arrested for impersonating officer after pulling over undercover detective | WOFLMan pretends to be cop, pulls over real cop, lands in police station. I hope they made him fill out all the paperwork for his own arrest.
elaine95
Tripel-As

User Pic

# 30.07.2019 - 05:54:25

Winners and Losers.The big winners in Week 16 were the Saints Color Rush Kahale Warring Jersey , Patriots, Cowboys , Seahawks and Ravens. The big losers were the Steelers, Dolphins, Chiefs and Texans.But wait. Then the Texans became winners hours later, earning a playoff berth as they headed back to Houston on Sunday following a last-second 32-30 loss at Philadelphia that handed the AFC’s No. 2 seed behind Kansas City to the Patriots — as if they need any help when the playoffs arrive. Houston sneaked in when Pittsburgh lost 31-28 at New Orleans, though the Texans still could wind up a wild card in the, well, wild AFC South.Here’s a road map as we head into the final week of the schedule.NFCNew Orleans (12-3) secured home-field advantage throughout the conference playoffs by beating Pittsburgh, dropping the Steelers into second place behind Baltimore in the AFC North. The Saints won’t be playing outdoors again — the Super Bowl, should they get there, will be inside at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.“Knowing that we’ve done it, knowing that the road comes through New Orleans, that gives us a lot of confidence,” Drew Brees said. “Obviously we love playing in the dome. … We have goals throughout the season and this is one of them.”Also reaching their goal were the Cowboys Cheap Kahale Warring Jersey , grabbing the NFC East with a 27-20 victory over Tampa Bay. Dallas (9-6) will be the fourth seed and host a wild-card game.“We can’t get comfortable,” Ezekiel Elliott said. “We can’t afford to take a week off next week. We’ve got to keep working and make sure we’re ready for the playoffs.”Chicago (11-4) needs to be ready next week at Minnesota (8-6-1). For one, the Bears have a shot at the second overall slot and a first-round bye with a win and a loss by the Rams (12-3), who are at home for San Francisco. For another, they could deny their division rival a postseason spot; a Vikings win gets them a wild card.But a Vikings loss and an Eagles win at Washington gets the defending champions (8-7) back into the postseason.Seattle (9-6) appears destined to play at Dallas in the first round. The Seahawks beat the Cowboys in Week 3 for their first win of what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.They’ve rebuilt so quickly that Pete Carroll is in the running for Coach of the Year.“It’s not complicated,” Russell Wilson said after the 38-31 victory against the Chiefs. “It’s hard work, it’s having faith. We knew we had to battle throughout the season, it’s a journey and we’re still not done yet.”AFCFor a decade now, the New England Patriots have owned the AFC East, and they had a huge weekend.The Patriots clinched their 10th straight division title when they beat Buffalo 24-12. They got an added bonus when Houston fell to drop out of the second seed in the conference, which New England grabbed — with a shot at the top spot.They are 7-0 in Foxborough — the league’s only undefeated team in its own building — and 3-5 on the road.“We didn’t have our best day in the passing game. But it felt good to win. At this time of year, whatever it takes to win, that’s what you’ve got to do,” Tom Brady said.Baltimore (9-6), fresh off its victory at the Chargers on Saturday night Kahale Warring Jersey Womens , has a half-game lead on Pittsburgh (8-6-1), which has lost four of five. The Ravens will take the North with a home win against Cleveland next week. The Steelers host Cincinnati and need help to get into the postseason from their hated enemy, the Browns.“We’re playing pretty good football, but it might not matter,” Ben Roethlisberger said. “Obviously we don’t control our destiny any more. We have to take care of business next week.“You can be as skillful as you want on both sides of the ball and special teams, but there is still a small element of luck involved in football. A play here, a play there. If that’s what it is, I don’t know, but it’s the game of football.”The game of tiebreakers also shows that should the Colts and Titans deadlock at Nashville in the prime-time game to end the season, and the Steelers win, Pittsburgh edges both of them for the final wild card, all at 9-6-1.In the South, Houston (10-5) is leading Indianapolis and Tennessee by a game. The Texans host Jacksonville (5-10) and could wind up a wild card with a loss and a non-tie in Nashville.The Chiefs (11-4) and Chargers (11-4) already are in the postseason from the West. That takes up one wild card. But Kansas City, once the darling of the league, could plummet from top overall seed to wild card if it flops versus Oakland next week and LA beats Denver.Miami was still in the mix before falling 17-7 at home to lowly Jacksonville. Shameful.What is clear is that there’s no overwhelming favorite. It’s been a while since a wild-card team Kahale Warring Houston Texans Jersey , Green Bay for the 2010 season, won the championship. Right now, betting against the likes of the Chargers, Seahawks or Eagles should they get in would be foolish. Houston may be set at the position with the Jordan twins and Kahale Warring."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕How Good Can The Texans Tight Ends Be? New,25commentsHouston may be set at the position with the Jordan twins and Kahale Warring.CDTShareTweetShareShareHow Good Can The Texans Tight Ends Be? John Glaser-USA TODAY SportsWhile a lot of attention is aimed at Houston’s offensive line woes, its lack of defensive backfield upgrades, and overall seemingly poor offseason “improvements”. There is one position group that actually might be set for a long time to come. With the emergence of Jordan Thomas and Jordan Akins last season, also known as the Jordan Twins, Houston seemed better at the tight end position than they had been in a long time. Essentially since the end of the Kubiak era that saw Owen Daniels and James Casey providing quality play at the position, the team has been searching for quality in the tight end role. Now, it seems, they finally have it. The tight end role isn’t as glamorous as wide receiver, or as heralded as pretty much any other skill position on the team, when your tight end group is lacking, it’s very obvious. It was just a few years ago that head coach Bill O’Brien was getting burned in effigy over the lack of tight end production Kahale Warring Jersey 2019 , but now, he may have that situation well in hand. Projected starters:TE1 Jordan ThomasTE2 Kahale Kuio Kalani Michael Wodehouse Warring (yes, that’s actually his full name)TE3 Jordan AkinsThomas had 20 catches for 215 yards last season, including 4 touchdowns. Akins had 17 catches for 225 yards. Both helped out in the blocking game, but should see an exponential leap forward with a full off-season under their belts. Signal the 3rd round pick, Kahale Kuio Kalani Michael Wodehouse Warring - can we just call him Wodehouse? I think William Wallace would approve. YoutubeDuring rookie minicamp, Kahale Warring turned heads and caught the attention of several reporters, as well as teammates and coaches. Monday Morning QuarterbackTexans WireAaron WilsonWith Deshaun Watson’s ability to improvise behind a suspect offensive line, having someone other than DeAndre Hopkins as his safety valve is imperative. When Houston can put two of these tight ends on the field, along with Lamar Miller and Will Fuller V, the Houston offense suddenly looks incredibly scary. Hopefully, Bill O’Brien and newly minted offensive coordinator Tim Kelly can take that paper potential and capitalize on it come game day. What do you think? Excited to cheer on the Jordan Twins and Wodehouse? Counting the minutes until Ryan Griffith is promoted to ex-Texan? Still lamenting the loss of Owen Daniels? Give us your thoughts on the tight ends, offense and more in the comments section.
[ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 ]

All rights reserved by Adeptus Imperiales   © Design by Inpudo   CMS by ilch.de