Gesamt: 222409  Heute: 696  Gestern: 681  Online: 973  ... mehr
Benutzer: 
Passwort: 

»WvW : Tötet alle GEGNER nieder mit allen Feinden !!!

[ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ]
Bengals MVP and unsung hero nominees fro
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 05.07.2019 - 07:21:31

Marcus Williams sat sobbing in front of his cubicle in the silenced New Orleans locker room Dwayne Haskins Jersey , his face buried in a folded white towel.

Deep inside Minnesota’s stadium that erupted in victorious euphoria a few minutes earlier, Williams was having a hard time grappling with what had just happened. The rest of his Saints teammates were, too, after a 61-yard touchdown pass by Case Keenum to Stefon Diggs burned Williams on the game’s final play and gave the Vikings a 29-24 victory for a place in the NFC championship game .

”You can’t let it beat you down,” Williams said, his eyes still reddened by the tears. ”I’m going to take it upon myself to do all I can to never let that happen again. If it happens again, then I shouldn’t be playing.”

Williams, the rookie free safety and second-round draft pick from Utah who was one of several new players who helped the Saints transform a once-lagging defense, was the last man in coverage when the Vikings sent Kyle Rudolph, Jarius Wright and Diggs on routes toward the sideline with no timeouts remaining. Diggs was the deepest D.K. Metcalf Jersey , and as he jumped to catch the ball, Williams went low to try to undercut him with an awkwardly executed attempt at a tackle.

”It was just my play to make,” Williams said. ”The ball was in the air. I can go attack it.”

Diggs, who made sure to note right before the catch that Williams was the only one behind him, kept his balance as he landed and deftly kept his feet in bounds. Then he spun around and kept on running into the end zone to queue up the celebration.

”As a safety back there, you’ve got to be the eraser,” Williams said. ”Last play of the game, you’ve got to go do it. You know you’ve got to save the game.”

The Saints were both defensive and supportive of their first-year teammate, who could play another decade in the NFL and not experience a similar devastation with the stakes so high and the chance for failure so low.

”He’s got to keep his head up,” said cornerback and fellow rookie Marshon Lattimore. ”I’m not going to say he’s not feeling bad about the play http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-cody-barton-jersey , but we’ve got his back. We’re young, and we’re trying to come back next year. Marcus is a special player. You can’t let that one play, as big as it was, turn you against him. He’s been playing great all year. Just didn’t get the tackle this time.”

Defensive end Cameron Jordan tried to take on some of the blame.

”Had I been a half-step faster and been able to get off the tight end and the tackle and completely take over that play,” Jordan said, he could have sacked Keenum before the ”Minneapolis Miracle,” or the modern-day ”Immaculate Reception,” ever made it to the air.

The Vikings finished with 403 total yards, though the defense recovered well enough from a 17-0 deficit to give Drew Brees the opportunity to throw for three touchdown passes over the final 16:16 of the game and drive the Saints in position for Wil Lutz’s go-ahead field goal with 25 seconds left.

Williams intercepted Keenum earlier to set up the second touchdown drive, and the Saints sacked Keenum twice. In the end Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , though, all that mattered was the failure to tackle Diggs on the fateful final play.

”You work so hard for a goal. It’s right there, and you come up short,” linebacker Manti Te’o said. ”You can imagine anybody, how they would feel. It’s just a learning opportunity for all of us.”

The Los Angeles Angels lost four more players to the disabled list Friday, putting the club’s total at a franchise-record 15 players on the DL at one time.

Infielder Zack Cozart went on the DL with a partially dislocated left shoulder, while right-hander Jim Johnson has a lower back strain; right-hander Garrett Richards is nursing a strained left hamstring; and right-hander Nick Tropeano has inflammation in his pitching shoulder.

Meanwhile, Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani is taking some one-handed swings as the Angels wait out his sprained elbow to be re-evaluated in a few weeks.

The timeline for Richards, plagued by injuries the past two seasons that limited him to 12 total starts over 2016 and `17, to return is unclear http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-phil-haynes-jersey , though manager Mike Scioscia said the injury is considered mild. ”Hamstrings,” he said, ”they’re a different animal.”

Richards left his Wednesday start at Seattle after two innings with tightness in the hamstring, then Cozart went down the next inning diving for a ball and irritated the shoulder. He has played with the injury before, but his shoulder needs to calm down.

With Richards, the Angels won’t take any chances.

”Unfortunately right now we’ve got to take a little half-step back and let it heal,” Scioscia said before his team opened a weekend series at Oakland. ”It was definitely affecting how he was trying to execute pitches the other day. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it’s not going to be an extended injury.”

Johnson’s back locked up a couple of days ago.

Scioscia said he would do anything to take on all the injuries of his players because he doesn’t have to be feeling good, with the former catcher noting he already has plenty of aches and pains. While the injuries are mounting and the minor leaguers are arriving at a rapid rate to fill big holes, Scioscia said there have been worse times like in recent years when the entire rotation was hurt in a month’s time – that ”is devastating,” he said.

”I don’t know about four guys in one day Ugo Amadi Jersey ,” Scioscia said. ”You can absorb the regular players that are out here and there but when you lose the toughest commodity to find is really good starting pitching, that takes a big dent out of what you’re trying to do. That being said, nobody’s going to feel sorry for yourself. We feel we have the guys that will go in there and contribute and keep us going.

”And if we can pitch and have our bullpen hold leads, then we’re going to be fine.”

The Angels called up four right-handed pitchers from Triple-A Salt Lake: Eduardo Paredes, Akeel Morris, Felix Pena and Jake Jewell. Left-hander John Lamb will be called up to start Saturday, meaning the Angels must make another move by designating someone for assignment to clear space on the 40-man roster.

The A’s were the last team with 15 players on the DL at once, in 2016. Los Angeles had just 12 players from the opening day roster on Friday’s active roster.

elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 05.07.2019 - 07:33:56

The NFL is a playground for an assortment of gigantic adults. It's an arena for colossal men from all walks of life. The NFL http://www.panthersfootballauthentic.com/greg-little-jersey-authentic , for the most part, would like you to believe the men who run around on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and sometimes Saturdays are a collection of well behaved, upstanding members of society. More often than not, players in the NFL stay within the lines of law. Or do they?If nothing else, the NFL has one of the greatest public relations departments of any organization on the entire planet. The reason for this: they have to. The "heroes" we adore on Sundays are not the kind of guys we want our daughters canoodling with. If I'm not being clear, the NFL has its fair share of criminals.Throughout the years we have been exposed to some of the criminalistic activities brought to light concerning NFL players. We all know Michael Vick was the ring leader of an underground dog fighting and gambling ring. We all know Ray Rice smacked his wife unconscious in an elevator and then dragged her out of the elevator. But what about some of the lesser known offenders? Let's take a look at some of the Sunday heroes who crossed over the lines of morality who maybe you didn't know about.
Brandon Morrow got the call Saturday night. It was a call nine days in the making.

The Chicago Cubs‘ closer had not pitched since June 7 Will Grier Jersey , due to his team either winning games in lopsided fashion or losing them. It was only natural that he started out a bit rusty against the Cardinals, allowing singles to Jairo Munoz and Kolten Wong to begin the bottom of the ninth.

But Morrow clicked into rhythm after that. Following an infield out, Morrow threw 99 mph fastballs by Matt Carpenter and Tommy Pham to end Chicago’s 6-3 win over St. Louis and give him his 16th save in 17 chances.

Despite a 25-pitch inning in his return, Morrow should be available if needed for Sunday night’s series finale at Busch Stadium, where the Cubs will try to score a sweep and win for the 15th time in 20 games.

“I’d like to keep him sharp,” Chicago manager Joe Maddon said, “but guys like that can normally throw on the side and stay sharp.”

Morrow has been everything the Cubs could have asked for in his first year with the team. Tasked with replacing Wade Davis as the ninth inning man, Morrow has pitched to a 1.59 earned run average, allowing just over one baserunner per inning and whiffing 25 hitters over 22 2/3 innings.

His ninth inning helped spotlight one of the biggest differences between Chicago and St. Louis. While the Cubs have a reliable back end of the bullpen http://www.panthersfootballauthenti...m/christian-miller-jersey-authentic , the Cardinals do not. They have basically two reliable relievers, and Jordan Hicks proved mortal in the eighth inning Saturday night when he ceded his first runs of June on Jason Heyward’s two-run homer.

That’s put the pressure on St. Louis starters, who for the most part have handled it. The burden now falls on rookie Jack Flaherty (3-2, 2.96) to match his outing from a 5-2 win Monday night over San Diego and keep the Cardinals (36-32) from a fifth straight defeat.

Flaherty gave up just three hits and a run in 6 1/3 innings against the Padres, walking one and striking out six to claim his first win since May 20. This will be his first career start against Chicago, although he did pitch a scoreless inning of relief against the Cubs last year.

“We were just throwing with more conviction tonight,” Flaherty told mlb.com. “Last time out, I said I really didn’t execute well. I feel like it had a lot to do with execution and conviction behind everything, just throwing everything with intent.”

The Cubs (40-27) will counter with lefthander Jose Quintana (6-4 Jordan Scarlett Jersey , 4.09), whose up-and-down season is trending more in a positive direction of late. Quintana is coming off a no-decision Monday night in Milwaukee, where he allowed two runs on four hits in six innings as Chicago won 7-2 in 11 innings.

Quintana has permitted only four runs in his last three starts, covering 17 2/3 innings. He’s 3-1 in five career starts against the Cardinals with a 2.67 ERA, beating them twice last year after his mid-July acquisition from the Chicago White Sox.
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 05.07.2019 - 07:43:54

Philadelphia Phillies right-hander Zach Eflin has four wins in four June starts. He’ll attempt to stay perfect in the month as the Phillies try to avoid being swept by the New York Yankees.

The teams meet Wednesday night in the finale of a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.

The Phillies’ bats have been quieted by the Yankees’ staff in the first two games of the set. Philadelphia Miles Boykin Jersey , now on a three-game losing streak, was shut out on Tuesday night and has just two runs on nine hits in the series.

“They beat us pretty good,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told reporters after Tuesday night’s 6-0 loss. “We just have to wear it and get ready for (Wednesday).”

The Yankees, meanwhile, have 10 runs on 17 hits in the pair of games against the Phillies and have bounced back with two wins after getting swept by the Tampa Bay Rays over the weekend.

Eflin (5-2, 3.44 ERA) will try to cool off the Yankees, who led the majors in OPS and home runs as of Tuesday.

Eflin is 4-0 in four June starts. He has a 2.28 ERA and .594 opponent OPS with 22 strikeouts and only four walks over that span (23 2/3 innings). Most recently http://www.packerscheapshoponline.c...authentic-darnell-savage-jr.-jersey , Eflin gave up two runs in five innings against the Washington Nationals last Friday.

“Those are situations I’ve been working on the past couple years, being able to put guys away when I need to,” Eflin, who worked around six hits in the start, told MLB.com “Being able to do that and overcome that was huge. Looking forward to continuing that and getting deeper into games.”

Eflin will face the Yankees for the first time in his career on Wednesday,

The Yankees will send Luis Cessa (0-0, 3.00) to the mound for his first start of the season. Cessa spent two months on the disabled list this season with a strained oblique http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-justice-hill-jersey , but the 26-year-old has made four appearances out of New York’s bullpen. He pitched last Friday for the first time since April 17 and tossed two scoreless innings against the Rays.

“We have a lot of confidence in Cessa, that is the kind of role going into the season that we envisioned him in — the fifth, sixth starter and bullpen guy,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone told the New York Post last week. “We feel he is built up enough and on line to be the best option that day.”

Boone noted that Cessa will be able to throw 70-80 pitches during his Wednesday start. Cessa has allowed two earned runs in six innings for the Yankees this season, and he is 2-7 with a 4.54 ERA in 14 career major league starts. He has never faced the Phillies.

Cessa could get more backing from a red-hot Giancarlo Stanton. The Yankees left fielder and 2017 National League MVP has nine hits over his last three games and is 4-for-8 so far in the series. Stanton is hitting .459 with a 1.335 OPS, three homers, four doubles and nine RBIs over his last nine contests.

FLORHAM PARK Ben Powers Jersey , N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have signed tight end Daniel Brown and re-signed tight end Eric Tomlinson and offensive lineman Brent Qvale.Brown has 35 catches for 317 yards and one touchdown in four NFL seasons. He was a key special teams contributor for Chicago, where he played the past three seasons. Brown has also spent time with Baltimore, which signed him as an undrafted free agent out of James Madison in 2015.The Jets brought Tomlinson back after not tendering him as a restricted free agent last week. He has 16 catches for 193 yards and one TD in three seasons with New York while establishing himself as a key blocker on offense and special teams. He missed the final game of last season when he needed surgery after dropping a weight on his foot during a workout.Qvale (KWAH-lee) has been a versatile backup on New York’s offensive line the past five seasons.
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 05.07.2019 - 07:56:40

ALAMEDA Ed Oliver Jersey , Calif. (AP) — The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent quarterback Landry Jones.The move on Tuesday gives the Raiders another potential backup behind starter Derek Carr. Oakland signed Mike Glennon earlier in free agency and also has Nathan Peterman on the roster.Jones was originally a fourth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2013. He has played 18 games with five starts in his career, completing 108 of 169 passes for 1,310 yards, eight TDs, seven interceptions and an 86.2 passer rating.“I like him because he has experience Cody Ford Jersey ,” coach Jon Gruden said. “I’ve seen him win games as a starter. I think his history with Antonio Brown will help me personally. A productive guy. He’s a quick study. He can learn. He can go out there and function on game day with very little reps, and that is a skill that is hard to find.“I’ll get a lot from that. I’ll break down all of Antonio’s targets — I don’t just break it down one play after another, it’s this play, this is the play they are running. Why did he run this route? How did they coach this route? … You learn a lot of things they asked him to do, and that will help me.” Shin-Soo Choo didn’t play Saturday night for the Texas Rangers because of a sore right quad Devin Singletary Jersey , putting on hold his majors-best 41-game streak of reaching base.

Choo said before the 13-4 win over the Chicago White Sox that he has been dealing with quad soreness for at least 10 days, and that it had really bothered him the last couple of days.

”I don’t want to make it worse,” Choo said. ”I don’t think it’s serious.”

The outfielder/designated hitter said he had an MRI earlier Saturday to find out for sure what he was feeling in his upper leg.

Choo had a leadoff walk in the first inning of an 11-3 win Friday night to extend his career-best on-base streak and match the longest in the majors this season. He later hit one of the Rangers’ five home runs for a 12-game hitting streak that is the longest active streak in the majors.

”He’s battled with a tight quad and I felt like it was just an opportunity to get him off his legs, give him a day,” manager Jeff Banister said. ”He’s played through it for a while Dawson Knox Jersey , so we’ll see how he feels.”

Banister hadn’t ruled out using Choo in a pinch-hitting role, and Choo had said he was willing if needed. The three-game series wraps up Sunday before the Rangers have a day off Monday.

”I know I have the streak going on, but my body and staying healthy is more important,” Choo said. ”And winning games is more important than records.”

Choo’s on-base streak is the longest for the Rangers since Otis Nixon’s 44-gamer in 1995; Julio Franco set the team record by reaching in 46 consecutive games in 1993. Choo matched Philadelphia’s Odubel Herrera for the longest in the majors this season. Herrera, a former Rangers minor leaguer Brian Burns Jersey , reached base in the first 41 games for the Phillies this year.

In his 41-game streak, Choo has reached base 90 times. He has hit .333 (52 of 156) with 38 walks.

elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 15.07.2019 - 08:18:30

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The 6-year-old daughter of the late NFL player Aaron Hernandez missed a 2014 deadline to opt out of the league’s concussion settlement and can’t separately pursue a $20 million suit over his diagnosis of a degenerative brain disease David Montgomery Jersey , a judge ruled.Yet Hernandez’s death in 2017 came too late for his family to seek up to $4 million in compensation for suicides related to chronic traumatic encephalopathy under the class action settlement.Hernandez spent three years with the New England Patriots before his 2013 arrest on the first of three homicide charges. The Patriots terminated his $40 million contract, and he never returned to the NFL.U.S. District Judge Anita Brody in Philadelphia — where lawsuits were consolidated alleging the NFL hid what it knew about the risks of concussion injuries — ruled Thursday that he was effectively retired and therefore, along with his family, bound by the class action settlement for NFL retirees.Under terms of the concussion settlement, the judge said, “The crux of the issue is whether Hernandez was ‘seeking active employment’ as an NFL football player as of July 7, 2014. He was not. On this date, Hernandez had been imprisoned — without bail — for nearly a year.”Family lawyer Brad Sohn argued that Hernandez had not retired but hoped to be exonerated and return to the league. His daughter, Sohn said, should therefore be able to pursue her “loss of consortium” lawsuit in her home state of Massachusetts.“No matter what anybody wants to say about Aaron Hernandez . she will have to live with the fact that she doesn’t have a parent for the rest of her life,” Sohn said Friday. “It remains our position that the NFL is responsible for the damages that she has because of his CTE.”Hernandez was convicted in the first homicide case in 2015 but acquitted of an unrelated double homicide in April 2017. He took his life days later in prison. His conviction was later overturned because he died before exhausting his appeals.Doctors later found the 27-year-old Hernandez had advanced CTE on a level not previously seen in someone that young.Sohn Riley Ridley Jersey , in a brief in the case, called Hernandez “a generational talent” but said he “entered the NFL in 2010, even though (and amidst everyone’s full knowledge that) he had been investigated for ties to a brutal 2007 shooting. The NFL paid no mind to this and let him play.”The daughter involved in the lawsuit is the child of Hernandez’s fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins.“A.H., a child, committed no crime nor asked to be born into such tragic circumstances,” Sohn wrote. METAIRIE, La. (AP) — A playful grin widened across Drew Brees‘ face while he discussed lining up as a receiver for the read-option plays the Saints installed last season for third-string quarterback Taysom Hill.“If they’re going to split me out as much, I’m going to need to have some routes that at least I can start working on,” Brees said Thursday after a voluntary offseason practice.It sounded like he was joking, but anything’s possible.The 40-year-old quarterback said learning and trying new things is as important to him now as at any point in his 19-year career.In fact Greedy Williams Jersey , he sees it as a recipe for sustained success.“At the end of the year, all the coaches pull out all the film from every opponent and they’re sitting there analyzing and watching it, right?” Brees said. “So, everybody’s studying your stuff. So, you can’t just come back and keep doing the same stuff over and over.”Last season, Brees attempted the fewest passes and amassed the fewest yards passing of any of his 13 seasons with the Saints. Yet Brees broke his own NFL record for completion rate, connecting on 74.4 percent of his passes. He also passed for 32 TDs while throwing just five interceptions.Perhaps most importantly, Brees led the Saints to the NFC championship game, which they likely would have won if not for what the NFL determined were mistakes by officials not to call late-game pass interference and helmet-to-helmet contact penalties against the Los Angeles Rams.This season, Brees is looking forward to seeing what other new wrinkles coach Sean Payton might introduce, particularly in light of the acquisition of veteran tight end Jared Cook during free agency.“I like looking at new concepts and beginning to see Sione Takitaki Jersey , ‘OK, I think this is something we can be really good at based upon our personnel,” Brees said.“That’s fun, too, because you begin to pull all these concepts out that maybe you haven’t done before, so it’s a new challenge to try to incorporate that or develop a comfort level enough that that becomes a part of what you do.”Brees said Cook brings the speed, size and catching radius that should help the tight end “fit very well into our offense.”Cook, meanwhile, said he saw nothing in his first three practices with Brees this week that made him doubt whether the Saints’ record-setting QB is still elite.“Nothing’s changed,” Cook said. “He’s advanced in what he does. … He’s very detail oriented and he takes the little things and strives to be great at them.”Brees is under contract for only one more season, and it’s unclear how much longer the father of four might play. He has said he treats every season as if it might be his last now Sheldrick Redwine Jersey , tries to “stay in the moment,” and takes nothing for granted.“It’s a different approach because I’m so much wiser than I was” as a younger pro, Brees said. “When you’re that age you just think just work in general is good. It’s not necessarily efficient work or that you’re working smart. In other words, I don’t remember having that much of a plan back then. It was just, ‘Hey, I’m a good athlete. I like football. I like to work out. I’ll just go out there and run around and sling it.’“Now the approach is so regimented with everything I do on a daily basis in regards to my sleep habits and my diet and the way that I train and the way I recover and how I’m caring for my shoulder and different parts of my body that require me to play the quarterback position,” Brees said. “It’s just very different now.”
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 15.07.2019 - 08:31:38

The final pass Alex Smith threw this season was an incompletion over the middle on fourth down Alexander Mattison Jersey , one that would have given the Kansas City Chiefs a chance to kick a winning field goal had he completed it.

It may ultimately be his final pass with the Chiefs, too.

Smith is under contract next season, but the cash-strapped Chiefs are expected to trade or release the veteran quarterback and turn the franchise over to first-round pick Patrick Mahomes II. And if that is the case, Smith’s career in Kansas City will be summed up by that errant throw over the middle.

He was good enough to lead the Chiefs to the playoffs.

He wasn’t good enough to lead them much farther.

”I’ll get into all that in the next couple of weeks,” said Smith, who did say that he wants to remain with Kansas City, but ultimately knows the decision is out of his hands.

”I’m under contract for another year,” he said. ”Like I said, I’m not thinking about anything else. Right now, I’m obviously disappointed. Like I said, I felt like we had a good chance. It’s gone. It’s over.”

As the Chiefs head into the offseason after a 22-21 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, a game in which they blew a 21-3 halftime lead, the biggest question mark becomes their quarterback situation.

Smith certainly made it a tougher decision than most had expected.

He threw for more than 4 http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dru-samia-jersey ,000 yards for the first time, and he had 26 touchdown passes with just five interceptions during the regular season. He led the Chiefs to back-to-back AFC West titles for the first time in franchise history, made the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons and set all kinds of club records along the way, including pass attempts and postseason touchdown passes.

Reid has professed his admiration for Smith countless times over the years, and he was in favor of the trade that brought him to Kansas City from San Francisco. But the coach is also aware that the NFL is a business, and sometimes finances dictate difficult decisions.

”I can’t get into all that right now,” Reid said. ”I don’t know. We’ve got to go back and go through all of that. It’s a long process and surely after that game isn’t where you go with that.”

As the Chiefs head into the offseason, Smith isn’t the only topic of conversation:

RETIREMENT QUESTIONS: Chiefs linebackers Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali could consider hanging it up after another letdown. Johnson still played at a reasonably high level, and said he’ll head home to Texas and ponder his future, while Hali was reduced to a part-time role because of his ailing knees. If he does not retire, the Chiefs will almost certainly release him.

PROMISING YOUNGSTERS: The Chiefs have reason for optimism in that most of their biggest stars are young. Tyreek Hill had a breakout second season as a wide receiver, Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing as a rookie and defensive tackle Chris Jones is an emerging star on the other side of the ball.

COACHING CHANGES: Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy and special teams coach Dave Toub are expected to interview for head coaching vacancies in Indianapolis and possibly Chicago. Nagy has become a hot target after taking over play-calling with great success midway through the season, while Toub had interviews last season for head coaching vacancies.

DRAFT DEARTH: The Chiefs have traded away many of their future picks to acquire talent Daniel Jones Jersey , including their first-round selection this year as part of the deal that landed Mahomes last year. So, they have only a second, third, fourth and sixth in the upcoming draft, putting new general manager Brett Veach in quite a predicament as he tries to bolster a roster that was not quite good enough.

SNAKE-BIT FRANCHISE: Despite all the good that came of this season, the Chiefs still must feel like they’re a bit cursed. What would have happened had star safety Eric Berry not been lost for the season in their opener? Or if star tight end Travis Kelce didn’t go down in the first half against Tennessee with a concussion? ”The tendency is to look back and say, ”What happened?’ I don’t think that’s the way to go about it,” offensive lineman Mitchell Schwartz said. ”We just have to figure out how to play better.”

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — At the national championship game nearly four months ago, Oakland Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said he was told by an NFL scout that if he did nothing but draft players from Alabama and Clemson he’d get a passing grade in his first year on the job.Mayock apparently took the message to heart.The Raiders drafted Clemson cornerback Trayvon Mullen with the 40th overall pick Friday after twice trading back in the second round in deals with Jacksonville and Buffalo.Mullen was the third player from the national championship game taken by Mayock in the first two days of the draft. Oakland used two of its three first-round picks on Mullen’s Clemson teammate, defensive end Clelin Ferrell, and Alabama running back Josh Jacobs.“Being on the field before the game was just like, ‘Wow Ed Oliver Jersey ,'” Mayock said. “I said to somebody, ‘Man I’d take five of these guys and go home right now.’ And here we are. We got three of them, so it’s exciting. It really is.”Mullen visited the Raiders prior to the draft and likes the idea of being reunited with Ferrell and playing with Jacobs and safety Johnathan Abram, Oakland’s third pick in Thursday’s first round.“This is awesome, man, being able to get back with my boy,” Mullen. “We have to get to work. They’re going to get a great player, especially with me and Clelin and even John Abram, because that’s like my best friend. Us guys getting together, it’s going to be awesome.”Mullen was a second-team All-ACC pick during his junior year with the Tigers. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Mullen has not allowed a touchdown in coverage since 2017, according to Pro Football Focus, and he surrendered fewer than 300 yards passing in his college career.As luck had it http://www.billscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-cody-ford-jersey , Mullen had one of his best games with Mayock watching. Mullen was the defensive MVP in the national championship game after tallying six tackles with a sack, interception and forced fumble.“I think it did a lot,” Mullen said. “Just the way out I went out there and showed the world the elite player that I am, how confident I am, how strong and physical I am. I believe that game played a big role. It motivated me a lot to even making my decision to come out early.”Mayock wasn’t there to only scout Mullen but came away impressed.“He had a great national championship game,” Mayock said. “He’s a long corner. We love his length. He fits (defensive coordinator) Paul Guenther’s defense to a T, a long press corner that runs. We’re really excited about this kid’s upside and we’re happy to pick up the extra picks.”Mullen joins an increasingly crowded secondary with the Raiders. Former first-round pick Gareon Conley is expected to start at one of the cornerback spots. Oakland also tendered Daryl Worley, who started nine games in 2018.The Raiders didn’t have a third-round pick but stockpiled additional selections in the latter rounds, something Mayock had hinted he wanted to do.Oakland began the day moving back three spots from 35th to 38th in a trade with the Jaguars. The Raiders also acquired Jacksonville’s fourth-round pick (109th overall) in exchange for a fifth (140) and seventh (235).Mayock continued to work the phones and made another deal moments later with the Bills. Oakland dropped back two more spots to 40th overall and picked up a fifth-rounder from Buffalo.The phone didn’t stop ringing, even as Mayock worked his way downstairs to talk to the media following the end of the third round.“The goal coming into today was not to lose Trayvon and try to pick up some picks,” Mayock said. “And that’s what happened.”
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 16.07.2019 - 06:40:05

Sean Newcomb is maturing quickly in his second full season in the majors.

”I think I’m doing a better job of just managing everything in general Max Scharping Jersey ,” Newcomb said. ”Looking back at old starts and taking all the positives from it rather than beating myself up about it or trying to overdo something the next start.”

The 25-year-old Newcomb pitched six scoreless innings, Charlie Culberson homered, and the Atlanta Braves beat the San Diego Padres 1-0 on Saturday.

The NL East-leading Braves improved to 25-7 when their starter pitches at least six innings, and Newcomb has been a big reason for the success.

A winner in eight of his last nine decisions, Newcomb (8-2) allowed two hits, walked one and struck out seven. He retired the last 13 batters he faced and is 6-0 with a 1.35 ERA when starting after the Braves lost their previous game.

Dan Winkler faced four batters in the seventh, A.J. Minter faced the minimum in the eighth and closer Arodys Vizcaino earned his 14th save in 16 chances by working through a shaky ninth.

Hunter Renfroe doubled with one out, and pinch-hitter Cory Spangenburg got plunked in the right side before Vizcaino struck out Franmil Reyes and retired Freddy Galvis on a grounder.

Jordan Lyles (2-4) allowed two base runners – a single by Dansby Swanson in the first and another by Culberson in the second – before Culberson’s third homer made it 1-0 in the fifth.

Lyles turned in a solid performance after entering the game 0-1 with a 6.35 ERA in three career starts and one relief appearance against Atlanta. He gave up five hits and struck out six in his best outing since pitching 7 1/3 scoreless innings against Colorado on May 15.

”We got ahead of guys (in the count) unlike we did back home against these guys, but overall not too many hard-hit balls,” Lyles said. ”Just the one mistake to Charlie.”

Braves starters began the day ranked fourth in the majors with a 3.35 ERA and they improved to 5-1 with a 1.09 ERA in their last 10 home games. Newcomb has been particularly tough on San Diego Brian Burns Jersey , pitching six scoreless innings in each of his three career starts.

”He went out in the sixth and had a 3-0 count on that first hitter and just kind of locked in,” Atlanta manager Brian Snitker said. ”It was really good. How he doesn’t panic, how he’s always staying pitch to pitch and just going to work. You expect that out of him now.”

Jose Pirela doubled to begin the game and advanced to third before Newcomb struck out Christian Villaneuva and Franmil Reyes. That was the only trouble he faced.

”There were some power guys that I was trying to attack,” Newcomb said. ”I didn’t want them to hit something soft and do something with it. I knew I’d get some in the top of the zone. I was doing that. It was good.”

The Padres had won three of four and 12 of 17, but dropped to 34-39, last in the NL West.

They didn’t match up well again with Newcomb, who has six starts when not allowing a run, most in the majors this year.

”There’s a profile of a guy that’s tough for our group collectively – a guy that’s throwing fastballs by us in the top of the zone,” San Diego manager Andy Green said. ”I think people can see that. We have to shorten up and connect and weren’t able to do that today.

STILL STREAKING

Braves 1B Freddie Freeman went 1 for 3 and has hit safely in 26 of 27 for a .377 average since May 19. He leads the NL in batting average, hits http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-greg-little-jersey , on-base percentage, slugging percentage and total bases.

SHORT PAUSE

The game was delayed 25 minutes by rain in the middle of the sixth.

BIG CROWD

The Braves announced their fifth sellout this year and 41,916 tickets sold, the largest crowd in SunTrust Park’s two-year history.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Padres: RF Wil Myers, sidelined 44 games with a strained left oblique, has gone 2 for 8 with one RBI in two rehab games with Triple-A El Paso. Myers, who hit a combined 58 homers the last two years, might return next week.

Braves: LF Ronald Acuna Jr. ran the bases vigorously before the game and told manager Brian Snitker immediately afterward that he was ”ready to go.” Acuna has been sidelined since May 28 with a sprained left knee sprain and bruises to his knee and lower back. Snitker said he will report to extended spring training in Orlando by Monday before beginning a rehab assignment. … RHP Mike Foltynewicz was placed on the 10-day disabled list with triceps tightness. After Foltynewicz threw a bullpen session Saturday, the team decided to give him extra rest in hopes of bringing him back next weekend. The team hopes he returns next weekend.

UP NEXT

Padres: Green has yet to announce a starter for Sunday’s series finale, but will use relief pitchers throughout.

Braves: RHP Julio Teheran has been reinstated from the disabled list and will make his 14th start this season and 10th of his career against San Diego. Teheran missed over a week with a sore thumb. He is 0-3 with a 6.14 ERA in his last four starts.

NFL teams proposed major changes to replay and overtime on Saturday after a season of consistent criticism of officiating and which plays can be challenged or automatically reviewed.Among the proposals teams have made to the league’s competition committee are an increase in the number of plays subject to video replay review and a change to the overtime format.The idea of more or even unlimited coaches’ challenges is not new Will Grier Jersey , but could have stronger support now. Also, the league is reluctant to expand replays for officiating because it would slow games even further.The competition committee will present teams’ proposals and some of its own to the 32 owners at the league meetings March 24-27.Several teams are proposing major moves.Washington wants any play to be subject to coaches’ challenges or to automatic review by the officiating department in New York. The Redskins also suggested that all personal fouls be subject to review, while Kansas City added potential personal fouls that were not called on the field be looked at.Philadelphia seeks scoring plays and turnovers negated by a penalty be immediately reviewed, and Denver suggests adding all fourth-down plays that are spotted short of a first down or the goal line, and all extra-point tries.The Rams, Panthers, Seahawks and Eagles want to include reviews of designated player safety-related fouls whether called or not on the field.Kansas City proposes that both teams possess the ball at least one time in overtime even if the first team with the ball scores a touchdown.The Chiefs also want to eliminate overtime for the preseason, and get rid of the overtime coin toss so that the winner of the coin toss to begin the game may choose whether to kick or receive, or which goal to defend in OT.Fans and many media members have vociferously expressed displeasure with the current system regarding coaches’ challenges since a blown call late in the NFC championship game — officials missed a blatant pass interference penalty and a helmet-first hit by the Rams’ Nickell Robey-Coleman deep in Los Angeles territory. The non-calls helped Los Angeles force overtime and eventually win the game to reach the Super Bowl.But New York Giants owner John Mara said last month at the NFL combine that the powerful competition committee might not feel the same way.“I just don’t sense a lot of support to use replay to call penalties. I don’t sense a lot of support for the expansion of it, either http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/ch...p-authentic-christian-miller-jersey ,” Mara said. “We’re early on, so that might change, but that’s my sense of where we are right now. I’m not saying it won’t change.”While the league is wary of expanded replays, the Eagles’ suggestion on scoring plays and turnovers negated by penalty being reviewed could garner support.Kansas City’s overtime proposals also stem from recent developments, including the Chiefs losing the AFC championship after rallying to tie New England. The Patriots won the coin toss, drove downfield and scored a touchdown without KC ever touching the ball.The 2017 Super Bowl ended in similar fashion.Denver recommended an alternative to onside kicks by allowing a team once during the fourth quarter to play offense instead. That team must notify the referee of its intention to forgo a kickoff or safety kick. The ball will be spotted on the kicking team’s 35-yard line and that team will have one down to gain 15 yards, essentially a fourth-and-15 play. If the play succeeds in gaining a first down, that team keeps possession as if it recovered an onside kick.
elaine95
Doppel-As

User Pic

# 16.07.2019 - 06:50:59

HOUSTON (AP) — Lonnie Johnson Jr. nearly quit playing football.The Indiana native was bouncing around the junior college ranks and having trouble making the jump up to the next level.“I almost gave it up at one point in junior college because I kept getting knocked down every step I tried to take http://www.steelerscheapauthenticst...re.com/benny-snell-jr.-jersey-cheap ,” Johnson said. “Just stuck with it, ended up qualifying through school and got to Kentucky and ended up doing the right thing.”The work paid off after two years at Kentucky: Johnson was taken by the Houston Texans in the second round of the NFL draft Friday night at No 54 overall.“It just shows that I work hard,” Johnson said. “Everything that it took to get here, everything I’ve been through, I’m lost for words right now.”Johnson started 18 games for the Wildcats after a series of twists and turns. Originally, he committed to Ohio State but did not qualify academically. In 2014, Johnson played at San Bernardino Valley Community College before spending the next two years at Garden City Community College. His final two seasons were spent at Kentucky, where he had 64 tackles with 12 pass breakups.“He was just a really impressive guy,” Texans coach Bill O’Brien said. “The way he could talk about his life, the way he could talk about football and then obviously, his skill set on the field. So Zach Gentry Jersey , I think the more our organization got to know him we felt like he’d be a great fit.”This is the third straight season the Texans have addressed the cornerback position in the draft. Johnson will try and fill the voids left in the secondary with the exits of Tyrann Mathieu, who signed with the Kansas City Chiefs, and Kareem Jackson, who signed with the Denver Broncos.The Texans also used two of their top three picks to shore up their porous offensive line and get Deshaun Watson some protection: Northern Illinois’ Max Scharping (No. 55 overall) and first-rounder Tytus Howard of Alabama State will be asked to help protect the oft-banged up quarterback.“I know he’s one of the best quarterbacks in the league,” Scharping said. “He’s a great person to be able to protect for. He’s athletic, he can move throughout the pocket and he’s got a great arm. I can’t wait to be one of the guys protecting him.”Watson was sacked an NFL-leading 62 times as Houston won the AFC South last season.Howard was a quarterback in high school before growing into his 6-foot-5, 322-pound frame while Scharping is a 6-foot-6, 327-pound tackle who started in 53 consecutive games for the Huskies.Scharping, who is a native of Green Bay, will get to head to his hometown next season when the Texans and Packers participate in a joint practice prior to their preseason opener. Scharping is also now teammates with fellow Wisconsin native J.J. Watt, who he watched growing up when he played at Wisconsin.“It’s going to be amazing being on the same team Chris Lindstrom Jersey ,” Scharping said. “You’re going against the best defensive line in the country, really. You’ve got him; you’ve got Clowney. So, blocking those guys in practice every day, you’re going to be going up against the best.”The Texans finished the night picking San Diego State tight end Kahale Warring (No. 86 overall). He started playing football in his senior year of high school.“Meets our prototypical standards, everything we look for,” Texans general manager Brian Gaine said. “From the physical skillset and ending the with character and football skillset. Ton of upside here, a youthful player as it relates to his football experience but a ton of upside.”In high school, Warring played multiple sports, including water polo and basketball, which he said helped him transition to football.The 6-foot-5, 252-pound tight end was always curious about playing football and never thought about getting drafted into the NFL when he made the choice.“No http://www.falconscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kaleb-mcgary-jersey , I was just enjoying the game of football falling in love with it day by day,” Warring said. “I was just having fun with my friends.”The Texans will finish off the draft with three picks in the final four rounds on Saturday. Houston will have a single pick in the fifth (161st overall), sixth (195th overall) and seventh round (220th overall).“We’re going to honor the board,” Gaine said. “We’re going to honor the process. It’s the best available player that makes the most sense in the moment and at that time.”__ FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have claimed wide receiver/kick returner Quadree Henderson off waivers from the Giants.Henderson averaged 22.4 yards on five kickoff returns and 7.6 yards on nine punt returns in five games with the Giants last season as a rookie.The former University of Pittsburgh star was signed by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent and was among their final cuts out of training camp. Henderson then had two stints each on the Giants’ practice squad and active roster before being placed on injured reserve in late-November with a shoulder injury. He was waived by the Giants on Wednesday.The 5-foot-8, 190-pound Henderson likely will compete to be the Jets’ return specialist after Pro Bowl selection Andre Roberts was signed by Buffalo as a free agent.Henderson returned three kickoffs and three punts for touchdowns during his last three seasons at Pittsburgh, establishing himself as one of the top returners in college football.
[ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ]

All rights reserved by Adeptus Imperiales   © Design by Inpudo   CMS by ilch.de